Brewer Fanatic

EVELAND SIGNS

Please don't let this be a joke!

That is absolutely phenomenol!

After reading that Loewen signed with the O's and not hearing anything about our DFE's, I was worried. My faith has been restored. We are happy to have you Dana, and Mike.

(Of course if someone hacked into Mike Rizzo's account to post this, I'll be eating these words. But only a cynical Brew Crew fan would even write this disclaimer.)

Hey guys!! Two down and one to go!! All we have left to really sign is Mannon. Too bad we couldn't get any inside information from his side like we do with Mike!!

Brian/Patrick anything you've heard about Mannon?

Brian/Patrick anything you've heard about Mannon?

Nope. I've talked to his coach, Doyle Wilson (West crosschecker Ric Wilson's brother) a few times via email & on the phone. I sent him an email just the other day, but I've yet to hear back from him. I'm guessing we'll need to be patient & wait for the Brewers to fill us in. A lot of these DFE signings are slow to come out, as I still don't think the Brewers have officially announced that they signed Justin Barnes.

From BA's California Regional Scouting Report:

Quote:
? The rich Southern California junior-college ranks normally produce several early-round picks, but this year could be an exception--especially if the top prospects sign before the draft. LHP Dana Eveland, a 16th-round pick of the Brewers last year out of a Texas junior college, could be a fourth- or fifth-rounder if he re-enters the draft. Once a teammate of Harrington's at Palmdale High, Eveland has command of a running 88-91 mph fastball and 12-to-6 curve. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound Eveland resembles David Wells and will need to keep his weight in check.

I had heard rumors of him going as high as potential 3rd round selection. Not Manny Parra type signing, but few DFE have that kind of turnaround in one year.

Of note, neither Nick Markakis or Stephen Doetsch, both highly regarded (now maybe the best pitcher and position player) JuCo DFE did NOT sign. A couple of players to look out for this draft (although Markakis is likely a mid 1st rounder).

I don't want to make this it's own post since I don't want anyone getting to excited, so I figured I would add it here. BA rated Tim Dillard as the #15 prospect from Mississippi, and this is what they had to say about him:

The Brewers selected RHP/C Tim Dillard in the 15th round in 2001 and the 34th round a year ago, and hope to sign him as a draft-and-follow. If he doesn't turn pro this time he'll head to the University of Mississippi, where his father Steve starred en route to the major leagues. Dillard has good catch-and-throw skills but teams want to use his strong arm on the mound. He touches 94-95 mph and is solidly built at 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds.

Archived