Brewer Fanatic

Keston Hiura

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this one a lot - goat babies in pajamas! Enjoy.

That kid doesn't keep his elbow up at all! I doubt he will be drafted.

Seems a little stiff, but I like the quick twitch athleticism. Good speed and nice vertical, very toolsy. Probably and outfielder though.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Am I the only person that watches videos on guys? As I stated earlier he's a 2b and nothing else. He's a hitter; that's what he does. He's a pretty decent athlete and will be fine moving around and fielding; his arm is his biggest limitation. It's 2b and only 2b, which is fine because he's a 2b!! If he hits to his potential then it doesn't matter in the end.

(fast forward to the 1:50 mark) - HS

(first 25sec) - college

LMAO.. this is probably the same guy that watches college football highlights of players and then thinks he does scouting on College football players for the draft. Get out of your parents basement and do actual scouting or get a job..

I like this one a lot - goat babies in pajamas! Enjoy.

That kid doesn't keep his elbow up at all! I doubt he will be drafted.

He is going to need to improve on that short/choppy stride if he ever plans to steal any bases. Takes him forever to get going.

I bet @HumanNeedsWater lists his future potential as: G.O.A.T

Seriously though I don't like when people come into the minor league forum acting like others are stupid for their evaluations on players when they have zero scouting credentials. Chances are your evidence is extremely poor too and your evidence won't prove someone else's opinion on a prospect wrong.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think everyone has made their point. Time to move on.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Saw some guys in the industry gave him a 7 future hit tool. Do you guys see that?

I Also I think he has the capacity to replace Thames at 1B in the very near future!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a.jpg

I do think he could have a plus plus hit tool if that is what you are referring to as a 7 future hit tool. I also don't think he has all that much to go to become a 7 hit tool player.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until we see what he can do in Appleton. DH'ing in the AZ rookie league should be like tee-ball for the college player hailed as "the best pure hitter in the draft" by the Brewers.

Saw some guys in the industry gave him a 7 future hit tool. Do you guys see that?

I Also I think he has the capacity to replace Thames at 1B in the very near future!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a.jpg

I do think he could have a plus plus hit tool if that is what you are referring to as a 7 future hit tool. I also don't think he has all that much to go to become a 7 hit tool player.

Serious as a heart attack...

Nah green text since sarcasm doesn't read well!

His full name is Keston Wee Hing Natsuo Hiura.... you're welcome.

So...how do you turn that into a baseball nickname? Key? Hiuraree? Remember, they have to end in an ey or ee almost exclusively. Scratch that, they can also end in an ie...as in Braunie. But you're really walking out on a limb getting too far away from those..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What Does Name "Hiura" Mean

You attract success and money. You are a lover of nature and do not need others for your happiness. You are self sufficient. You strive for material success and power and have business sense. You possess strong organizational abilities, can be a good manager, and executive by nature. You are capable of great achievement in business and finance.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.

Creative and outgoing, you are always looking for an opportunity to show your abilities, especially before audience. You are very flexible and likes to feel appreciated. You are looking for chances to mix with others socially and to communicate his ideas. You like to talk and can easily relate to different cultures and concepts. The biggest challenge for you is uncertainty. Easily getting bored, you can move from one job to another, switch projects and lovers. The high creative force can lead you either to happiness or unhappiness. If you understand your goals, if you can make major decisions in life and follow it directly and straight up without worry and uncertainty, you are able to achieve great heights.

[sarcasm]So, he will succeed, but strive for bigger $$ and move on as a FA.[/sarcasm]

Kesty to Appleton

"Brewers Player Dev‏ @BrewersPD 14m14 minutes ago

More

We've signed 1B Chris Colabello and assigned him to Colorado Springs. RHP Burgos transferred to Biloxi, 2B Hiura transferred to WIS"

From Todd Rosiak via Twitter:

Brewers farm director Tom Flanagan says plan for Keston Hiura is DH initially at Wisconsin, with hopes to begin playing 2B in late August.

That makes a bit more sense than my initial thought. They had already moved Devin Hairston, their 6th round pick, into WI. If you try him at short and Keston plays 2B ... Lara's confidence goes down the drain further. Didn't think they would already move Hairston away and Lara down...

Wel that is good and bad. I'm travelling to Arizona in a couple of weeks and was hoping to catch the Baby Brewers if at all possible. Appleton doesn't help since I'm on the East Coast. Lets see some first hand reports Wisconsin fans.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Archived