Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2]

hawing
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe just take the easy double at when you're up 5 runs

That's what he was trying to do. He just couldn't decide where he wanted to go.

Isn't that not taking the easy double play then? He couldn't decide but should have just gone 3rd to 1st without hesitation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
God Villar you are such a freakin idiot. Just run to third and deal with the replay later.

Even if he gets to 3rd and it goes to replay he goes back to 2nd so that part doesn't really matter. Plus he was safe his hand was on the bag before the tag. Not sure why they didn't challenge there.

I don't know how exactly the rules work but I'm guessing they didn't challenge because after the call is overturned he's out trying to advance to third.

But isn't it a dead ball after he's called out at 2nd?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

But isn't it a dead ball after he's called out at 2nd?

Yes it is a dead ball since no other runners were on base at the time.

This also looked like a straight steal from the bench.

Not that it is the goal, but if the Rockies lose the night the Brewers will be closer to the 2nd wildcard, then anybody is to them in the Central.

Don't think this is true looking at the loss column. We're 4 behind Colorado and 2 ahead of the cubs.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

We have a 3.5 game lead in the central, if colorado lost that would make them 49-37 and we are 46-40 so we would be 3 gb of them.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Not going to lie...I didn't see why he was called out

i agree he certainly was safe and if just stays on the base they go to replay and it's overturned. However he goes full on Carlos Gomez and half asses it to third before getting tagged out.

Doesn't matter because he was called out at 2nd. Play ends there.

Arcia get applauded for it, Villar get criticized.

Archived