Brewer Fanatic

When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Jonathan Villar is not the reason an entire line up is garbage...sorry that is just wrong. They did pretty good when he sucked the rest of the year. Why is the last month or so his fault suddenly? The offense sucks for a lot of other reasons.

When the rest of the lineup was hitting they could afford a hole at the top. They no longer have that luxury.

Sure, but this isn't mainly Villar's fault or a trickle down effect. They ALL consistently suck. It is the entire line has sucked. Villar does not make the entire line hit 1-100 with RISP. To even hint Villar is the starter(or major cause of said problem) of such issues, sorry, is blantantly false.

These line up issues are a whole...not on any specific guy. Actually if anyone should be blamed point the finger at Eric Thames. Maybe we should stop putting a guy who hits for a horribly poor average in a prime RISP spot in the line up. Which I think has started to happen thank gosh.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBP over the last 30 days for guys who are currently available:

1) Braun .368

2) Shaw .365

3) Pina .359

4) Thames .323

5) Santana .312

6) Arcia .311

7) Broxton .277

8) Perez .274

9) Villar .241

10) Aguilar .231

11) Sogard .139

12) Susac .000

Not really a lot there to work with. I'd probably go with Santana, Thames, Braun, Shaw, Pina, Broxton, Arcia, Villar/Sogard, Pitcher with Perez filling in as needed.

As to Arcia, I'd move Villar/Sogard to #8, so Arcia should move up at least one spot. Broxton's on a bit of a hot streak now, so I'd keep him ahead of Arcia for now.

Perez frustrates me to no end. That dude could be a really good hitter if he had just any shred of plate discipline, but instead he hacks at anything a pitcher throws at him, including if he manages to get ahead in the count.

With his defensive versatility and talent as a hitter, Perez could be a really rich guy if he simply made pitchers throw him more strikes, but he refuses to do so.

arcia is batting second tonight.

To me, makes no sense to put him after Santana in this case. Santana could use a runner on when he hits a double tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I like that CC went back to the original order. I don't think his tinkering helped anything. Villar had better at bats yesterday, even aside from his 2 hits. If the Brewers did claim Kinsler, he would likely hit leadoff so nothing would change except Villar getting glued to the bench.

Archived