Brewer Fanatic

Scahill called up Lopez optioned

markedman5

feel like there's going to be quite a bit of this while they figure out how to fill Chase's rotation spot
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Tyler Cravy outrighted!

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/brewers-outright-tyler-cravy-select-rob-scahill.html

Kudos to the Brewers front office for this Cravy move.

This combined with Counsell's benching of Villar this week for not running out a double play really makes me think the Brewers youngsters are in good hands with Counsell/Stearns running the ship.

Tyler Cravy outrighted!

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/brewers-outright-tyler-cravy-select-rob-scahill.html

Kudos to the Brewers front office for this Cravy move.

This combined with Counsell's benching of Villar this week for not running out a double play really makes me think the Brewers youngsters are in good hands with Counsell/Stearns running the ship.

Did Counsell or the Brewers state that Villar was supposed to be given the start the following night but that changed as a result of his actions during the DP?

So is that one open spot on the 40 now or two? I can't remember if it was full with Vogt or not.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

ASAD, what has Cravy done in the last couple of days to warrant being outrighted?

if your comment is in reference to the frustration he expressed within earshot of the media after being sent down at the end of spring training, outrighting him now is not time to do that as an example. If you've ever had any training on personnel management and discipline, any discipline should always be immediate or ASAP, not three months later. Enforcing discipline months later (unless there are collectively bargained rights for a process for discipline, as there are in many union occupations) is worse than not doing it at all.

In the end, Cravy was right - as we saw, keeping Milone, Marinez, Jungmann, and Feliz was the wrong move. Not to rehash old news, but I want guys on my team who have a spine and get pissed off when they don't get something they feel they deserve. I want guys who have a fire in their belly. I don't want guys on my team who are passive and just sit quietly and don't care if they get screwed out of $2500/day.

ASAD, what has Cravy done in the last couple of days to warrant being outrighted?

nothing really, looking at his game logs though he only pitched twice since june 8th (was he hurt?) and his outing on june 8th he gave up 6 runs in 2/3rds of an inning.

if your comment is in reference to the frustration he expressed within earshot of the media after being sent down at the end of spring training, outrighting him now is not time to do that as an example. If you've ever had any training on personnel management and discipline, any discipline should always be immediate or ASAP, not three months later. Enforcing discipline months later (unless there are collectively bargained rights for a process for discipline, as there are in many union occupations) is worse than not doing it at all.

In the end, Cravy was right - as we saw, keeping Milone, Marinez, Jungmann, and Feliz was the wrong move. Not to rehash old news, but I want guys on my team who have a spine and get pissed off when they don't get something they feel they deserve. I want guys who have a fire in their belly. I don't want guys on my team who are passive and just sit quietly and don't care if they get screwed out of $2500/day.

Cravy is garbage and he wasn't right. He's a filler and nothing more so the fact you care this deeply about him is astonishing. Milone/Marinez/Feliz are all in MLB still and for good reason. Where's Cravy sitting with his unimpressive stuff? How's that 1.5 whip and 5 ERA working for him? But yeah, he was right.

You want grown men that cry and throw a fit when they don't get something they "deserve"? Yikes. I'm on board with that if they're allowed to be treated like children as well....because that's what children do. Showing "spine" isn't trash talking your boss. It's not difficult to express disappointment in a decision without acting like an entitled baby - one can still be upset and mad about the position they're in.

For being garbage he sure pitched half decent last year when he was up and had similar numbers at AAA. IMO, They should just of released him since he sucks so bad. Dont understand why they would even want him around. I remember fans saying the same exact thing about Brandon Kinzler and where is he now?

Cravy is garbage and he wasn't right. He's a filler and nothing more so the fact you care this deeply about him is astonishing. Milone/Marinez/Feliz are all in MLB still and for good reason. Where's Cravy sitting with his unimpressive stuff? How's that 1.5 whip and 5 ERA working for him? But yeah, he was right.

You want grown men that cry and throw a fit when they don't get something they "deserve"? Yikes. I'm on board with that if they're allowed to be treated like children as well....because that's what children do. Showing "spine" isn't talking your boss. It's not difficult to express disappointment in a decision without acting like an entitled - one can still be upset and mad about the position they're in.

I find it funny u never brought up the fact he has pitched in Colorado Springs the last 2 years and that never helps the stats out.. something u make a daily point on your posts when backing up Hader to be a starter... sooo, Colorado Springs must only effect some pitchers in your mind.. smh.

You want grown men that cry and throw a fit when they don't get something they "deserve"? Yikes. I'm on board with that if they're allowed to be treated like children as well....because that's what children do. Showing "spine" isn't talking your boss. It's not difficult to express disappointment in a decision without acting like an entitled - one can still be upset and mad about the position they're in.

Ever follow the PCL and Sky Sox...72 out of 86 pitchers...83.7%..throwing 40+ innings in Colorado Springs in last 6 years, have an ERA between 4 and 9. And high whips.

Anyone who says always should go back for more training on personal management and training. ;) It could be Cravy won't let it go. If he is still pouting or causing problems internally Stearns may have decided he is not worth the headache. Or this is a wake up call. Either way how someone handles themselves after the fact is not always decided in a few days. If it is some form of discipline, it is for how he's dealing with what happened not what he said about it.

I don't really think it is about disciplining him in any event. An organization that has stated it's goal is to accumulate as much talent as possible wouldn't go to this extreme for a relatively minor incident that happened three months ago. To me this is just about the organization thinking that spot would be better spent on someone else. They have done that in the past with decent success. Perez being a prime example.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

You want grown men that cry and throw a fit when they don't get something they "deserve"? Yikes. I'm on board with that if they're allowed to be treated like children as well....because that's what children do. Showing "spine" isn't sh!t talking your boss. It's not difficult to express disappointment in a decision without acting like an entitled b!tch - one can still be upset and mad about the position

Calling someone an entitled ***** can lead to a forum ban.

I don't really think it is about disciplining him in any event. An organization that has stated it's goal is to accumulate as much talent as possible wouldn't go to this extreme for a relatively minor incident that happened three months ago. To me this is just about the organization thinking that spot would be better spent on someone else. They have done that in the past with decent success. Perez being a prime example.

Exactly, and thanks for being a grown-up about it. :) Stearns takes risks with the bottom part of the 40-man; sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Cravy in 2016 in MLB (yes, small sample):

Starter: 10.50 ERA, 1.25 K/BB, 1.282 OPS-A

Reliever: 0.81 ERA, 2.13 K/BB, .452 OPS-A

Cravy in 2017 at AAA (yes, small sample):

Home: 10.95 ERA, 0.80 K/BB, 2.351 WHIP (12.1 IP)

Away: 0.00 ERA, 3.25 K/BB, 0.837 WHIP (14.1 IP)

Archived