Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-30: Marlins (Volquez) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2: Stephen Vogt Dinger Show]

hawing
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see them come through in a close game, especially after the two tough losses. Garza was pretty solid today too, just some cheap hits. It's going to take a huge effort from the rest of the rotation to make up for the loss of Anderson, so far so good after Jimmy's great start yesterday and Garza's start today.

I am surprised there are not enough cameras to catch whoever threw the baseball. Weird that nobody in stands saw anything.

Or the other two thrown onto the field. It's embarrassing when this happens at your team's homefield. I mean it's not as bad as what happened at Atlanta a few years ago, but still bad.

Someone tell Vogt he needs to work on his dugout celebration. Those bunny hops between jumps is making him look like Alfonso Soriano.

Seriously though, this is what is so encouraging. It's the churning and the improving of the bottom half of the roster. That's where it seems like a lot of games are won and lost.

This is as bad as I've seen Knebel look all year. Can't throw his fastball for a strike, can't get his curve over for a strike much. That called strike 1 to Gordon was a gift.

Not picking on you specifically, but the general reaction by many to closers. Mariano Rivera has a career ERA of 2.11 - he gave up two earned runs every nine innings. It will happen. The best closers in baseball aren't perfect. Don't expect 1-2-3 innings, don't expect to not ever give up any earned runs. It's the performance over an entire season.

This is as bad as I've seen Knebel look all year. Can't throw his fastball for a strike, can't get his curve over for a strike much. That called strike 1 to Gordon was a gift.

Not picking on you specifically, but the general reaction by many to closers. Mariano Rivera has a career ERA of 2.11 - he gave up two earned runs every nine innings. It will happen. The best closers in baseball aren't perfect. Don't expect 1-2-3 innings, don't expect to not ever give up any earned runs. It's the performance over an entire season.

I never expected him to be. Knebel is awesome . I love Knebel . I'm just pointing out that last night, he did not have it at all. Fortunately, they still won.

Vogt is tough. First time listening to Brewer TV broadcast this year. Announcers stink! Switching to Miami call.

The Miami announcers are pretty good. Rich Waltz is a good play by play guy - I think he is better than BA by a long shot. I was sorry they let Tommy Hutton go in 2015. We get all of the Marlin games in southwest FL (along with the Rays).

I thought it was a good sign that Knebel could gut out a save when he really didn't have his best stuff.

Can't believe I've been watching the legendary Bob Uecker get sausages waved in his face now every day for half a season.

Huh? Where did you see this, at the game?

Every single day on Usinger commercials watching on FSN.

Archived