Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-30: Marlins (Volquez) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2: Stephen Vogt Dinger Show]

hawing
For those "watching" on gameday, how good/bad was that play at the plate?

I mean great throws by Perez and Arcia, and close play at the plate, it's not like he was out by a mile, but terrible send with nobody out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out by a foot or so. Really good throw from Arcia, the throw brought the glove right to the runner. If Vogt has to "tag" him he's safe. The throw essentially was the tag.

I think our announcers are pretty good, actually, but I did have to chuckle at Rock saying he didn't like the visit to the mound because it takes the pitcher out of his rhythm in a full count.

Because Knebel was in such a good rhythm after walking the leadoff guy, giving up a double, then going full count. I say take him out of that rhythm, please.

It was a perfect play by the Brewers defense. Literally couldn't doing anything better. As for the play at the plate just barely got him.

On replay, the runner was out by a half-inch. He almost got his hand in there before the tag. If the throws and tag weren't perfect, he's safe.

Strike one was a gift call, strike 2 was a gift swing at a pitch head high .

Then Knebel made one good pitch, fortunately that was all it took.

That was as ugly and lucky of a 2 K scoreless save as you can possibly see from Knebel. Hope he got it out of his system, and the important thing is we were still able to get the W.

Broxton looks like he gave up on that ball.

Knebel all over the place.

If you're talking about the double in the 9th, I think he just realized he didn't have the angle and Perez might dive for it, so he needed to be in position to play it off the wall if need be.

Verified Member

What a game! Exciting defensive play and Knebel with a strikeout to end the game. Vogt put on a show for his new ballclub at home.

As Ueck said it was a dandy.

What a weird strike 3 to end it. Vogt 3 steps toward the mound, then stops and turns, then ump calls it.

I guarantee the ump had already called it with his voice......some just take awhile to ring them up

It looks odd because Vogt had to stop and turn around to make sure, so he must not have heard anything.

Archived