Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-30: Marlins (Volquez) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2: Stephen Vogt Dinger Show]

hawing

Edinson Volquez and Matt Garza face off as the actual second half of the Brewers' season begins. I will probably be en route to Milwaukee by the time lineups are available, but I'm hoping a moderator can edit them in. Thanks.

MARLINS

2B Dee Gordon (L)

RF Giancarlo Stanton ®

CF Christian Yelich (L)

LF Marcell Ozuna ®

1B Justin Bour (L)

C J.T. Realmuto ®

3B Derek Dietrich (L)

SS J.T. Riddle (L)

RHP Edinson Volquez ®

BREWERS

SS Eric Sogard (L)

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

LF Hernan Perez ®

C Stephen Vogt (L)

CF Keon Broxton ®

RHP Matt Garza ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Balls are gonna fly outta here tonight, so stay tuned for this battle of no hit pitchers." I suppose its true but i dont know if i would spend the entire opener talking about homeruns and then ending tslking about a no hit pitchers duel.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

What is going on right now? The guys on the radio are unsure about the reason for the stoppage.

Someone threw a baseball onto the field and hit Joe West right on top of the noggin. They think it came from the upper deck.

I have real concerns about Vogt's defense. His arm is not good. In order for him to have a positive impact he will have to hit. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this move working the way the front office would have liked.

And Garza with the opposite of a web gem.

Vogt with a homer! Hopefully he proves me wrong.

He just needs to be better than Bandy. Bandy also had pretty meh defense and his bat was putrid after a hot start. If he can be respectable offensively it will probably be a gain over Bandy.

I don't understand why you would ever let the pitcher bat for himself and then pull him in a 1 run game. What is the harm in throwing Braun or Thames in there and giving them a chance to tie it?

Can't believe I've been watching the legendary Bob Uecker get sausages waved in his face now every day for half a season.

They need to get rid of those dumb commercials, even if it is Ueck.

I don't understand why you would ever let the pitcher bat for himself and then pull him in a 1 run game. What is the harm in throwing Braun or Thames in there and giving them a chance to tie it?

I agree 100%. What is the logic of letting Garza hit and then replace him? Did he tweak something? Especially with Braun and Thames available you need to at least take the chance.

Archived