Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-29: Brewers (Nelson) at Reds (Bailey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers launch 6 HR, win 11-3]

hawing
This Lopez guy should fit in well in our bullpen.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't like to criticize announcers for the things they say or do, but I think BA needs to work on a decent home run call. His are kinda boring and unsure sounding.

Unsure of homers that barely make it over the wall maybe two row into the stands and balls that weren't hit all that well? How dare he!

Did anybody catch Bill Schroeder swear on TV in the top of the 7th inning?

No...why did he swear?

I heard him say something like "Jimmy Nelson has pitched a hell of a game". It seemed awkward enough to catch my attention but not enough to do much more than that. I figured that they're probably slightly delayed and if it was considered a swear it would have been edited.

Quiz #2 - who are the three Brewers on the team currently that are a direct or indirect result of that draft?

No responses...

The answer is:

1) Jimmy Nelson (2nd round pick)

2) Travis Shaw (acquired for 3rd round pick Tyler Thornburg)

3) Keon Broxton (acquired for 32nd round pick Jason Rogers)

Despite the botched 1st round pick, to come out of that draft with those three players (directly or indirectly) is a pretty good draft.

Archived