Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-27: Brewers (Guerra) at Reds (Adleman) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-6]

hawing
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't deserve to win giving up 8.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

3-6 against SD, Atlanta and now Cincy.

This is part of the reason I'm not really buying us as contenders. We're had every chance to put ground between us and the division, we're just not good enough to do it. It's not that we're bad, we're basically a .500 team, but . 500 is not winning the division.

Man..... How much of a lead would the Brewers have in the Central if they could just win some games? On the flip side, how many games could they be out of first place if the other teams would take advantage of our losses?

Vogt over Aguilar?

I haven't watched the end of the game...but that seems silly if Aguilar was available.

Lefty/righty matchup. For his career, Aguilar (smallish sample) has an OPS of .707 vs RHP, Vogt has a career OPS of .750 vs RHP. Statistically, it was slightly better to go with Vogt.

I haven't watched the end of the game...but that seems silly if Aguilar was available.

Lefty/righty matchup. For his career, Aguilar (smallish sample) has an OPS of .707 vs RHP, Vogt has a career OPS of .750 vs RHP. Statistically, it was slightly better to go with Vogt.

How about this year?

Vogt over Aguilar?

Aguilar's OPS vs. RHP this year is .827. Vogt's is .675. That might have been the dumbest move by Counsell all year. Was he summoning Ned Yost?

How about this year?

Yeah I would have thought goood vs bad hitter would be more important than lefty vs righty

I think the first and most important attribute for a PH, is to have someone that is used to coming up as a pinch hitter. That trumps lefty-righty by a lot in my book. Not much PHing in the AL, so I assume Vogt wouldn't have much experience coming in cold.

Archived