Brewer Fanatic

Franklin traded to Angels for PTNL or cash.

markedman5

After such a great start, Franklin never put it together....only made sense to DFA him.

That's a pretty loaded bench now either way, no? Perez, Aguilar, Villar/Sogard, Vogt. Is there a better bench in baseball?

Good point. Not that I'm aware of.... now if we can just get the bullpen together, and if Braun can stay healthy the rest of the way (two big "if's"), this team just might continue being dangerous

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

No complaints here. It's just too bad he couldn't figure it out. He seemed to be a part of that good clubhouse/dugout culture we've had this year. This bench is really deep!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Was Franklin our emergency catcher? I only ask because I saw him take the warmup pitches one inning when Piña had to get his gear on after being LOB. Anyhow, this move had to come today, best of luck to Nick.

I think Pérez is.

I really like Stearns' efforts to find value for the back half of the roster, and I like the willingness to cut bait when guys don't produce. It's true that Franklin got a limited shot, short of statistical significance, but it was something, and he couldn't take hold. I hope he finds success down the road.

That strong bench we have now -- all free talent pickups, right? Aguilar, Sogard, Perez, Vogt . . . IIRC we didn't give up anything to get any of those guys. (If Villar's a bench guy now, he breaks the pattern, but only to the tune of Cy Sneed.) Same thing for much of the pen, but with more mixed results: Hughes, Torres, Drake. Then you look at other cheap pickups who have cycled through and are gone: Milone, Marinez, Scahill (may be back someday), Bandy (may be back, cost us arby-eligible Maldonado). Feliz is the exception only insofar as he cost real money in FA, which makes the team's willingness to cycle through guys even more emphatic.

Then there's the cheap (not quite free) talent higher up the roster: Thames, Guerra (pretty much free), Villar if he starts, and the breakout guys from multiplayer trades that also brought us prospects -- Santana, Shaw, Pina, Anderson, Knebel . . . okay, I've gotten off topic. I just love this team's approach to roster building.

Archived