Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim Stephen Vogt on waivers

markedman5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Odd move. Wonder what's up?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jett Bandy is hitting .048 in the last month. Does it really need to be explained. 2 hits in a month and his defense isn't something special.

And replace him with a guy that's been just as bad?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jett Bandy is hitting .048 in the last month. Does it really need to be explained. 2 hits in a month and his defense isn't something special.

.227 in his last month. Almost 5x better actually. He also is a bit more versatile and he is another lefty bat to add to the mix on the bench. The move makes quite a bit of sense. Helps he I see a pretty good veteran pretense too.

This is a pretty minor change. Not saying Vogt is going to be much of an improvement, but Bandy has been a lost cause for over a month. I won't lose sleep either way. Both have a pretty minor impact. I like the idea of his versatility and the fact he is a lefty. Seems a bit more useful.

Jett Bandy is hitting .048 in the last month. Does it really need to be explained. 2 hits in a month and his defense isn't something special. I understand he is the backup, but that is just putrid.

it's gonna cost almost 2 million to do this. They must've liked Vogt for awhile.

Jett Bandy is hitting .048 in the last month. Does it really need to be explained. 2 hits in a month and his defense isn't something special. I understand he is the backup, but that is just putrid.

it's gonna cost almost 2 million to do this. They must've liked Vogt for awhile.

Or really sick of Jett Bandy. Now that Pina has clearly won the starting job they probably prefer a more versatile player that bats on the opposite side of the plate than Pina.

Chump change for a team with the lowest payroll that's getting a bump in ticket sales.

Not sure what's not to like about this - assuming Pina still gets most starts, we just picked up a backup catcher who was an all-star the past two seasons. His numbers aren't world beating over that time, but if he returns to form he'll be the best backup catcher in baseball and a left-handed bat off the bench. And all without trading a single prospect.
I am not Shea Vucinich

.227 in his last month. Almost 5x better actually. He also is a bit more versatile and he is another lefty bat to add to the mix on the bench. The move makes quite a bit of sense. Helps he I see a pretty good veteran pretense too.

This is a pretty minor change. Not saying Vogt is going to be much of an improvement, but Bandy has been a lost cause for over a month. I won't lose sleep either way. Both have a pretty minor impact. I like the idea of his versatility and the fact he is a lefty. Seems a bit more useful.

One month does not a season make.

Yeah, not a major impact either way. Maybe Vogt catches lightning in a bottle. he was pretty good two years ago.

Chump change for a team with the lowest payroll that's getting a bump in ticket sales.

There has been no increase in attendance. It looks like it will be quite similar. I imagine it could end up a bit higher than last if we are playing in a playoff spot come Aug/Sept, but too soon to say attendance will increase.

One month does not a season make.

When you are a bench bat and only manage 2 hits in an entire month...bye. You can't afford to have such slumps. Successful bench players avoid such slumps. Bandy did not and now he deserves to go.

This is a good signing. Bandy needs some at bats at AAA and Vogt, ya just never know. Might even make Franklin a goner because he adds that left bat.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You would have to think Matt Arnold had a lot to do with this decision. He drafted him in TB and probably has a pretty good idea if Vogt will be a good club house guy, positive influence on the pitchers, etc. Would assume that Sogard might have been briefed as well to get a first hand take.

Shrug move for me with slight upside. I like an additional left handed bat off the bench if nothing else.

Vogt can also play 1B and OF. That may mean more than any marginal improvement he offers on offense.

This is a good signing. Bandy needs some at bats at AAA and Vogt, ya just never know. Might even make Franklin a goner because he adds that left bat.

There are currently 3 catchers on AAA roster, Who goes Garcia, Susac or Heineman?

Archived