Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-25: Brewers (Davies) at Braves (Teheran) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

hawing

BREWERS

2B Eric Sogard (L)

1B Eric Thames (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

LF Hernan Perez ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Zach Davies ®

BRAVES

CF Ender Inciarte (L)

2B Brandon Phillips ®

RF Nick Markakis (L)

LF Matt Kemp ®

1B Matt Adams (L)

C Kurt Suzuki ®

SS Dansby Swanson ®

3B Johan Camargo (S)

RHP Julio Teheran ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I really don't get what's so hard about if you're not going to play your top prospect the majority of the time (especially when he would play over a player as uninspiring as Hernan Perez), then don't have him on the roster. If the main job is going to be sitting on the bench, bring up some AAAA guy or someone whose ceiling tops out as utility player or 4th outfielder.

I like Thames, and I'm glad he's a Brewer. That said, he really looks lost at the plate a lot for a guy with an OPS of what? 1000? Aguilar on the other hand seems to hit it hard every time he comes up. I'd like to see him get another start each week anyway. Even a straight platoon seems worth discussing.

Verified Member

Great hitting today. Travis and Keon with homers and now Keon with another hit. 6-0 Brewers.

Shaw's homer apparently was the first time a ball hit that upper deck in this new ballpark.

Broxton crazily is not that far off a 30/30 pace. I don't think he'll get it but considering how bad his slumps have been this year, that's pretty impressive.

Got Davies staked to a nice big lead today, let's keep the runs coming.

Love when the hitter knows it's a strike and begins to walk back to the dugout only to be bailed out by the umpire.

Umpire refusing to call strikes for Davies here in the 5th. Lol

That 0-2 pitch to Swanson was nowhere close to being a ball. I know it gets said a lot but it's been remarkable to me how bad umpires have been this year. It's like they are daring the world to try to let machines call balls and strikes .

I really don't get what's so hard about if you're not going to play your top prospect the majority of the time (especially when he would play over a player as uninspiring as Hernan Perez), then don't have him on the roster. If the main job is going to be sitting on the bench, bring up some AAAA guy or someone whose ceiling tops out as utility player or 4th outfielder.

Well, sounds like this won't be an issue after Tuesday.

7 innings...zero strikeouts.

Yes his swing and miss ability is just not good. The good thing today was the one walk.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I was a little nervous today, as the Brewers never seem to win when I go to the game, but I guess I was the good luck charm today.

First time at the new Braves stadium, which is fairly close to where I live (it's on the same street as my first apartment - that would've been cool to just be able to walk to games). I didn't explore the facilities, but it seemed very nice. Cozy, too. Had seats in the lower of the two upper decks, around the home plate area. Fantastic view.

My wife and I decided to be clever and park at her office and walk to the game to save money and to have an easier time getting in an out. She works very close to the stadium, but it still turned out to be a 30 minute walk. We'll pay for closer parking next time.

I was at the game and all the people behind me could say was how embarrassing it was to lose to a team like the Brewers. I guess they haven't looked at the standings this year~. Good win, glad that was the game I got to go to this weekend.

Archived