Brewer Fanatic

Braun/Villar in Appleton

I have no idea if this is the right place for this, please move/remove this if it shouldn’t be here.

There have to be enough regulars on this board who will be going to the TRats this weekend to watch Braun/Villar. Is there any chance we can get some volunteers to videotape their at bats each day so we all can see the approach/swings, etc? Is that a weird request?

I’m extremely interested in how Villar handles his return against his early season struggles/Sogard’s grip on the 2nd base job. I really only see two avenues 1) Villar accepts the challenge and battles every at bat, swings at good pitches, focuses on the base paths, and wins his job back or 2) Tries to do way too much and swings at everything trying to hit a 600 ft home run every time.

I’m going to try to get to the 2nd game of the DH tonight if I can … anyone else going that could tape and allow us to do some scout work?

Not sure what a few AB's are going to show when they are going to be playing like it is a spring training game.

Tough crowd. It was really two separate comments. Just wondering how Villar will come back and then seeing if anyone could throw me a bone and show me their at bats.

I donno if they are ready for prime time but the crowd got a kick out of Braun's homer. Villar got a couple of hits too. The place was packed. It was also Star Wars night with several people dressed like Storm Troopers along with other characters roaming about. One guy was dressed like Darth Vader and the costume was great. It began to rain in the 7th so we left. There were supposed to be fireworks after the game but maybe it got rained out. The score when we left was T-Rats 9 and the Cougars 3. I guess that team is affiliated with the Diamond Backs.

Are both these guys ready to go Tuesday?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would be interested to see Thames' numbers when Braun is hitting behind him vs. when he isn't. I'm almost positive it has been night and day.

I am positive they would be really misleading. Would that include the April outlier which at this point we all know was ridiculously higher than what he truly is. That all while an inevitable cold streak happened afterwards also at the same time Braun got injured.

Such a small sample size to make that kind of comparison. Thames hot and cold streaks likely had little to no effect due to Braun being near him in the lineup.

I would be interested to see Thames' numbers when Braun is hitting behind him vs. when he isn't. I'm almost positive it has been night and day.

I am positive they would be really misleading. Would that include the April outlier which at this point we all know was ridiculously higher than what he truly is. That all while an inevitable cold streak happened afterwards also at the same time Braun got injured.

Such a small sample size to make that kind of comparison. Thames hot and cold streaks likely had little to no effect due to Braun being near him in the lineup.

I'm not disagreeing with you ... but if Braun is re-inserted this week and Thames immediately heats up, do we reconsider or is it just time for him to break out of his slump again?

Oh I'm sure there was an effect. But not the whole drop Thames has had at the plate. Part of Thames decline is finding the pitches he struggles to or the way to attack him pitch to pitch. Overall tendencies. He's on the adjustment side now. Braun will help. I think Thames, Braun, Shaw, Santana is better than Thames, Santana/Perez, Shaw, ??.

I think with Villar his is a performance DL before he gets activated. His struggles continue he'll be down there longer than a short stint.

Archived