Brewer Fanatic

Stephen Vogt

Bandy is 5yrs younger and a backup. Vogt is 5yrs older and falling off the planet. Him being able to 1b is irrelevant as we have Thames, Aguilar, Shaw, Perez and they're all much, much better options at 1b than Vogt. The Brewers catching situation is just fine. Pina is already getting most of the game time lately but he still needs his time off. Bandy has played what amounts to 1 full season at this level so he's going to have his bad streaks. If Susac can get going after his injuries/migraine issues then they can always be swapped. And pitch framing is overrated

Back up catcher who also plays 1B, DFAed by Oakland today. Bandy needs to work on framing and he has options. Piña deserves to catch 5 out of 6 games each week.

I passed over your thread at first because of the reason you had for wanting to acquire Vogt. Jeff Bandy may be bad at framing, but I am pretty sure Vogt sucks at it to. Not to mention seems like a pretty minor thing for someone who doesn't start.

When you posted this I didn't realize how much Bandy was sucking with the bat. Would have been on the Vogt train if I knew how bad Bandy was doing.

Back up catcher who also plays 1B, DFAed by Oakland today. Bandy needs to work on framing and he has options. Piña deserves to catch 5 out of 6 games each week.

I passed over your thread at first because of the reason you had for wanting to acquire Vogt. Jeff Bandy may be bad at framing, but I am pretty sure Vogt sucks at it to. Not to mention seems like a pretty minor thing for someone who doesn't start.

When you posted this I didn't realize how much Bandy was sucking with the bat. Would have been on the Vogt train if I knew how bad Bandy was doing.

It hasn't looked like it. Of course after watching Bandy...who was so bad at it was almost painful at times this year, maybe that's just the bar I've been using.

I knew how good we had it with Lucroy, I just didn't realize how much it would stand out moving from him to catchers like Bandy.

Anyway, I wouldn't have been too excited about this move before it was made myself. The fact that he'd been pretty solid did make me wonder if he might be someone we look at, but again Stearns looks like he's made a great pickup with sound logic behind it. Miller Park, very good to left handers, Oakland where he was coming from is terrible to them. Plus all that space for foul balls and his low babip? So Stearns jumps on another guy most people would pass on and he's already made a significant difference.

Archived