Brewer Fanatic

A's Relievers

Daniel Coulombe, Sean Doolittle or Ryan Madson could all be buy low candidates. How about Michael Reed, Clint Coulter or Kyle Wren and Tyler Cravy (as a player to be named later, he currently is hurt) for any of the three? Neither Reed, Coulter or Wren have a future on the 40 man. I prefer Doolittle because he is not like our other late inning relievers. Doolittle and Drake (I know, but he gets lefties out in the 7th), Barnes in the 8th and Knebel closing it out. Reed or Wren could have a shot in the A's outfield immediately.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Daniel Coulombe, Sean Doolittle or Ryan Madson could all be buy low candidates. How about Michael Reed, Clint Coulter or Kyle Wren and Tyler Cravy (as a player to be named later, he currently is hurt) for any of the three? Neither Reed, Coulter or Wren have a future on the 40 man. I prefer Doolittle because he is not like our other late inning relievers. Doolittle and Drake (I know, but he gets lefties out in the 7th), Barnes in the 8th and Knebel closing it out.

The guys you are offering up have little value, but I guess you can try. Maybe Beane will see something in them and value them more than we do.

I'd take Madson over any of the three unless you think Doolittle is healthy. The latter has really struggled staying on the field the last few years. Madson is a solid guy - nothing great, but he'd be an asset.

Daniel Coulombe has less than 1/2 of a season as a good player - so I just don't know if he's actually okay, or on a nice streak. I guess that's where the scouts would have to make the call.

Archived