Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-22: Pirates (Nova) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; Knebel with a K for 38th consecutive game]

hawing
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

Perfect throw from Sogard and they got him. Barnes gets out of it.

Good thing there have been some great defensive plays today otherwise the Pirates wouldn't be down by 2.

Verified Member
Knebel is now the all-time leader with 38 consecutive games with a strikeout for a reliever beating Chapman. If Corey doesn't make the All Star Game this year something is seriously wrong. 38 consecutive games with a strikeout has got to make people notice around MLB.

It annoys me to no end when players don't run out strike 3 when it bounces away from the catcher. Make them throw the darn ball. It maybe even lets Sogard get to third.

Same thing with the play at the plate with Santana. Run that out until you see the umps make the HR signal. Little leaguers know better than this kind of crap.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So uh...where is our 3rd base coach telling him what to do, or did he and Santana was just sleeping.

We have a 3rd base coach? I thought we just had a windmill planted out there...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member

CC was asked at the postgame interview about Shaw and all he has to think about with his daughter. CC says he's been steady and thinks the park is the easy part for him.

It's amazing to me that with a sick baby in the hospital and Travis can still come to the ballpark and do so well. Kudos to him.

Why is Broxton.... playing. I would have liked to see Brinson have more chances. Big decisions to make when Braun and Villar come back; hopefully they get a long rehad to ensure they are healthy.

Not to be snarky but…

Broxton currently has a 7 game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is .333 (9-27) with a .400 OBP, 4 HRs, 11 RBIs. Brinson, meanwhile, has been outhit by Nick Franklin since he has been here.

I’m guessing those are two of the reasons.

I know we need to give Brinson his chances to figure things out … but we are also a first place team closing out June and need to win games. Broxton (surprise!) still doesn’t have 162 career games under his belt … so as much as we need to give Brinson a chance, we need to do the same with Broxton. Still a possibility that Keon is our CF of the future and not Brinson.

I believe Brinson belongs back in the minors for now. He needs to play and he isn't enough with the big club. I suspect he'll go back down once Braun returns.

That's a HR. Wow MLB umpires are terrible .

EDIT: Well I guess I owe Jerry Lane an apology. Our radio announcers were adamant that was a HR. What a terrible play by Santana .

Perhaps Santana thought it was a homer?

Impressive, kind of. But a totally pointless record.

It's not an overly important record, but I wouldn't say it's pointless. When a pitcher is only going to face three batters in a close game, striking at least one of them out - and therefore not letting them put the ball in play and even have a chance at getting on base - is pretty huge.

Well, no help from the Marlins today, to say the least. Call it the curse of Kyle Schwarber being lifted.

In southwest FL we get all the Marlin games and they are pretty brutal this year. I don't think they are gonna help us much by beating the scrubs.

Archived