Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-22: Pirates (Nova) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; Knebel with a K for 38th consecutive game]

hawing
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God that clap over your head thing after a home run is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Anyone know if there is a story to the overhead clap more than "we just started doing it and now it's a thing"?

Reminds me of the stupid Minnesota Vikings crap. Not a fan.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is it physical strength, juiced baseballs, smaller parks, or what? Because in what world should that pitch that Shaw hit, with the swing he took, have gone that far to dead center.

A lot of lefties seem to be able to golf baseballs about 2 inches off the ground. Never understood it.

As a left handed hitter I can attest to it being true. Typically when your legs collapse like Shaw's did though, you don't hit it that hard.

Just opened the box score to see that Sogard is being Sogard, Shaw went deep and Nova is at 44 pitches through 2. Not a bad start.

How many at bats does one need to be considered for the batting title?

3.1 PA per team game. He needs to be at 230 before this game and he's at 129. He needs 503 for the season. He needs to get 374 more PA this year. That would be 4.25 per game. Not impossible but he would most likely need to play all of every game the rest of the year.

Just opened the box score to see that Sogard is being Sogard, Shaw went deep and Nova is at 44 pitches through 2. Not a bad start.

3.1 PA per team game. He needs to be at 230 before this game and he's at 129. He needs 503 for the season. He needs to get 374 more PA this year. That would be 4.25 per game. Not impossible but he would most likely need to play all of every game the rest of the year.

Theoretically speaking, if he were sitting at 490 at bats, he could tack on 13 hitless at bats and if he is still leading after his average is adjusted then he would win.....?

Now I know why Sogard isn't take walks anymore. He can't generate the at bats that way. :tongue

Theoretically speaking, if he were sitting at 490 at bats, he could tack on 13 hitless at bats and if he is still leading after his average is adjusted then he would win.....?

Now I know why Sogard isn't take walks anymore. He can't generate the at bats that way. :tongue

It's plate appearance, not at bats.

I missed it, what did Puig do this time? Some people wanted that clown on our team?

I had to rewind to see what they were talking about. Last night the Mets walked the batter in front of him and he got upset so when he homered he took his time around the bases and the Mets got angry. He didn't even look like he was going that slow to me. Seems like your typical "everyone's upset about something stupid" baseball situation.

Verified Member
Travis' 50th RBI. He'll have over 100 if he keeps it up. Apparently he hits Nova very well back to Nova's time with the Yankees. Too bad he wanted a triple instead of staying at second. Can't fault his hustle though.

I missed it, what did Puig do this time? Some people wanted that clown on our team?

I had to rewind to see what they were talking about. Last night the Mets walked the batter in front of him and he got upset so when he homered he took his time around the bases and the Mets got angry. He didn't even look like he was going that slow to me. Seems like your typical "everyone's upset about something stupid" baseball situation.

I saw it being discussed on the talking heads stuff earlier, didn't have volume on. But they were then running clips of Cespedes bat flipping and walking to first. It's so so stupid these guys get offended by dumb stuff. Just like the Cards getting mad at Braun or Prince even though they didn't even come close to Pujols in watching homers.

Also, Tigers mad about bunting vs a no hitter with only 1 out in the 6th and game only at 4-0. It sparked a rally and led to his team winning the game, but he shouldn't have done it because Verlander still needed 11 outs for a no no apparently.

Travis' 50th RBI. He'll have over 100 if he keeps it up. Apparently he hits Nova very well back to Nova's time with the Yankees. Too bad he wanted a triple instead of staying at second. Can't fault his hustle though.

I don't think that was a hustle out at 3rd, it was more of just a bad base running error...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Poor AB by Arcia. A hitter who is very oppo field dependent and can't pull that ball should not be swinging at anything inside on the first pitch. If it isn't your perfect pitch let it go my man and wait for the next one.

Community Moderator
After Shaw got out at 3rd on his double, I had to look up how Milwaukee ranks in outs at 3rd. I never would have believed these stats without seeing it.

2017 Team Baserunning

Wow, what a difference a year makes! From 5th worst to second best in MLB in outs on the bases.

After Shaw got out at 3rd on his double, I had to look up how Milwaukee ranks in outs at 3rd. I never would have believed these stats without seeing it.

2017 Team Baserunning

Wow, what a difference a year makes! From 5th worst to second best in MLB in outs on the bases.

Villar hasn't been on base as often is probably the main change

Archived