Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-21: Pirates (T. Williams) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

hawing

Assuming Broxton's defense picks back up, a .774 OPS and 20-25 HR power isn't good enough in CF? Tough crowd.

For me it's good enough right now but I'd try as hard as I could to trade him. Consistency is just too high a priority for me and I just don't know if Broxton will ever be that. Consistency stops long losing streaks. Having few or no long losing streaks gets you in the playoffs or at least a great shot at them. As many consistent players you can find helps you do this.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Broxton's defense picks back up, a .774 OPS and 20-25 HR power isn't good enough in CF? Tough crowd.

For me it's good enough right now but I'd try as hard as I could to trade him. Consistency is just too high a priority for me and I just don't know if Broxton will ever be that. Consistency stops long losing streaks. Having few or no long losing streaks gets you in the playoffs or at least a great shot at them. As many consistent players you can find helps you do this.

Hard for me to quantify consistency. I don't know that a .775 OPS, 24 HR line from CF is better if relatively consistent, or if the hot and cold streaks that get to that number are better, or if it's all the same.

I also have no problem with trading Broxton for the right offer. They need to find a way to clear up this OF logjam sooner or later one way or another. But you do run a bit of a risk -- while Broxton has highs and lows, he is starting to become more of a known quantity, while there is still the possibility that Brinson doesn't turn into the player we had hoped for, although I don't think that is any more or less likely based on his slow start in limited MLB ABs.

Arcia is starting to justify all the hype and high prospect rankings. Dude has been gold glove caliber at short the past few weeks and it looks like hes finally adjusted to big league pitching. The kid doesnt turn 23 till August.

Maybe we just need to take the same approach with our other top prospects (Brinson in particular) and clear an everyday spot for them and let them play until they start showing their talent.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Who goes from the outfield?

I would think Phillips will go when Braun comes back by why would any other move need to be made in order for Brinson to play? I don't think Broxton has done enough to block anyone.

Hard to make a spot for Braun by sending Phillips down when he's already in AAA.

I think I've seen enough defensively from Brinson to realize there's more work to do on his end.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived