Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-21: Pirates (T. Williams) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

hawing
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure everyone is off Keon Broxton's case because he had a nice week, but 5 errors by an OFer in mid June is pretty pathetic.

It's definitely bad, but I have to think it's an aberration and not a trend because he was so good defensively last year. He's basically the exact same player he was last year on average only the defense hasn't been good.

I am sure everyone is off Keon Broxton's case because he had a nice week, but 5 errors by an OFer in mid June is pretty pathetic.

It's definitely bad, but I have to think it's an aberration and not a trend because he was so good defensively last year. He's basically the exact same player he was last year on average only the defense hasn't been good.

He is on about the same pace as last year...just a touch worse fielding % wise. Not saying errors are everything because having good range is much preferred over a a few less errors. But come on man you should not be on pace for 10+ errors as an OFer. It is more irritating than an actual problem. Though I am not so convinced the rest of his defensive game is as good as some think.

Baseball is a mental game. Struggles at the plate can easily carry into the field and vice versa.

Verified Member

Arcia the star of this game. Game winning defensive play and he is now hitting .267. Whatever this team needs to be a contender they don't need a shortstop. The Crew has a special one who can field with the best of them.

Drake for the win and of course Knebel for the save. I've been down on Drake but sometimes the guy can deliver and he did tonight.

Arcia is starting to justify all the hype and high prospect rankings. Dude has been gold glove caliber at short the past few weeks and it looks like hes finally adjusted to big league pitching. The kid doesnt turn 23 till August.

Maybe we just need to take the same approach with our other top prospects (Brinson in particular) and clear an everyday spot for them and let them play until they start showing their talent.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Arcia is starting to justify all the hype and high prospect rankings. Dude has been gold glove caliber at short the past few weeks and it looks like hes finally adjusted to big league pitching. The kid doesnt turn 23 till August.

Maybe we just need to take the same approach with our other top prospects (Brinson in particular) and clear an everyday spot for them and let them play until they start showing their talent.

Who goes from the outfield?

Here in Wisconsin on my summer visit, this may be the only game I end up attending. Sat in 117 with my Dad and the game was a frustrating, nervous thing of beauty. It was great that Guerra was able to keep the team in it even though he didn't have it tonight. Hopefully he starts to get his command back next time around, for now I'm not worrying about him. Jerry Layne was annoyingly slow with his strike calls tonight, especially subtle on the backwards Ks. Wow do I enjoy watching Arcia play SS.

I would think Phillips will go when Braun comes back by why would any other move need to be made in order for Brinson to play? I don't think Broxton has done enough to block anyone.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I would think Phillips will go when Braun comes back by why would any other move need to be made in order for Brinson to play? I don't think Broxton has done enough to block anyone.

Assuming Broxton's defense picks back up, a .774 OPS and 20-25 HR power isn't good enough in CF? Tough crowd.

Archived