Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-19: Pirates (Cole) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers score first but lose, 8-1]

hawing
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peralta has had enough chances I think..... he could go someplace else and find it but they almost have to DFA him......if a pitcher can't be used how can he be on the team? Especially when you are in first place and trying to hang in there.

Peralta has had enough chances I think..... he could go someplace else and find it but they almost have to DFA him......if a pitcher can't be used how can he be on the team? Especially when you are in first place and trying to hang in there.

I've said all along if you want to trial Wily in the pen, give him one inning for now, just throw his best stuff for 15-20 pitches and sit him.

I have absolutely no idea if it would have worked because Counsell never let us find out, he just threw him in whenever as the garbage man/long man and totally defeated the purpose of the pen move. I'm guessing this was his the end of the line for him here. But someone is going to give him a shot.

I get that they work for the Brewer so they can't trash the team but I hate how any time a Brewer tanks and is pretty much a goner, BA and Rock go out of their way to spend an inning talking about good the player is, and is just trying to figure it out, and will be good again.

If we are going to use Peralta as a long man when the pitcher doesn't go 5+ just release him. What a pointless experiment to keep throwing him out there multiple innings. Why do we need him to do that when we have Hader in the same pen? Is Espino still here too??

I get that they work for the Brewer so they can't trash the team but I hate how any time a Brewer tanks and is pretty much a goner, BA and Rock go out of their way to spend an inning talking about good the player is, and is just trying to figure it out, and will be good again.

I dunno, Rock said several times that basically Wily hasn't pitched much because he's stunk when he does, and BA even said something like Wily has got to be feeling like the end is near .

I dunno, Rock said several times that basically Wily hasn't pitched much because he's stunk when he does, and BA even said something like Wily has got to be feeling like the end is near .

Maybe they did. I heard BA start going on a diatribe about how Wily really isn't that bad and immediately tuned them out.

Archived