Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-18: Padres (Perdomo) at Brewers (Nelson) 1:10 CST (Brewers win 2-1, Nelson pitches complete game)

Why wouldn't Jimmy go back out there in the 8th? We complain when we pull a guy in the 90's and pitching well and now it doesn't happen and we complain? He should start the 9th as well. Dude is 28. Time to put the big boy pants on and complete a game.

Big boy pants don't help when you've thrown more pitches than you ever have in a game before. And it's a one run game. Not like he really has any margin for error.

pitch count should be on a sliding scale. When you haven't had to work hard and are deep into game going 110+ is fine. When you struggle all game long and it is the 5th you probably shouldn't go 100.

Booyahhhh! Jimmy Nelson turning into our own homegrown ace?!! Kudos to Counsell for not overthinking this one and letting Nelson do his thing.

Cubs won but Cards, Pirates, and Reds all lost!!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

pitch count should be on a sliding scale. When you haven't had to work hard and are deep into game going 110+ is fine. When you struggle all game long and it is the 5th you probably shouldn't go 100.

Yep. It's more about pitches per inning. When you get to rest between innings and are only throwing 10-15 pitches per inning you can go 110-120 because you get to rest 7-8 half-innings. When you're throwing 20 pitches per inning that's when you can't go much past 100 because you only get to rest 4 half-innings.

I can't help but think of the worry on here when we drafted Jimmy and his comp was Suppan. Dude is dealing right now. So happy to see him become our Ace/Co-Ace with Guerra.

From age 24-32, Suppan posted a bWAR of ~18.4. I'll take that from every 2nd round pick.

I can't help but think of the worry on here when we drafted Jimmy and his comp was Suppan. Dude is dealing right now. So happy to see him become our Ace/Co-Ace with Guerra.

From age 24-32, Suppan posted a bWAR of ~18.4. I'll take that from every 2nd round pick.

No doubt. I think the issue was we were in the depths of Suppan's suckitude when Jimmy was drafted so people were skittish about the comp. Can't ask for much more out of a second round pick than what Nelson has shown recently.

These fake interview commercials with Sophia are so terrible.

I'll trade you for the 34 Skip & Shannon promos that I have to watch on the Fox Sports Go app.

I watch on the app a lot and those are terrible too. Sophia is just so bad at pretending to ask questions and the whole premise is laughable.

These fake interview commercials with Sophia are so terrible.

I'll trade you for the 34 Skip & Shannon promos that I have to watch on the Fox Sports Go app.

A lot of the commercials on Fox Sports Wisconsin are from last year. :tongue

Archived