Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-17: Padres (Lamet) at Brewers (Anderson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-5, 11 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly we are very fortunate not to be playing to prevent a sweep by the Padres tomorrow.

We can't assume that this team is going to go on a nice big run just because they have a cushy schedule coming up . They could easily follow a 4-3 road trip with a 3-4 homestand against mediocre teams. Why can this team not win at home?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Padres are dead last in the NL in scoring and have scored 12 runs in 2 games against our pitching staff.

I know you can't just replace the entire bullpen in one day...... academically I know this, but I'm so tired of having this feeling of dread every single day when the game gets turned over to the pen.

Padres are dead last in the NL in scoring and have scored 12 runs in 2 games against our pitching staff.

I know you can't just replace the entire bullpen in one day...... academically I know this, but I'm so tired of having this feeling of dread every single day when the game gets turned over to the pen.

They've brought in replacements. Replacements don't do much good if Counsell isn't willing to use them.

The Padres just swept the Reds. A couple weeks ago they swept the Cubs. Their 1-5 are pretty good. What surprises me is that they have a lot of blowout losses - I would have thought maybe one would be v the Brewers. They had an advantage coming in - the Brewers played 4 games in the 3 days beforehand and the Pads played 2 - and then they get 2 extra-inning games.

Despite the loss, good news from Pittsburgh: Pirates beat the Cubs. (A little early for scoreboard watching, but it's fun to do.)

Its always fun when the Cubs lose. :) Today only the Pirates won.

They've brought in replacements. Replacements don't do much good if Counsell isn't willing to use them.

Disagree. Hader and Espino are the only two "replacements."

Three bums still remain.

Torres has a 4.95 ERA

Drake has a 5.59 ERA

Peralta has a 6.66 ERA

All three should be DFA'd immediately.

Disagree. Hader and Espino are the only two "replacements."

Three bums still remain.

Torres has a 4.95 ERA

Drake has a 5.59 ERA

Peralta has a 6.66 ERA

All three should be DFA'd immediately.

But the two replacements were available and Counsell still went with the bums. That part is on him.

Archived