Brewer Fanatic

Who's your 2017 Brewer All Stars?

Deserving: Knebel, Anderson, Shaw

Locks if chosen today: Knebel

Shaw has very imposing competition in Arenado, Bryant, Lamb and Rendon. It's a loaded position. So he's a long shot at best.

Anderson needs to finish June strong in what is always a tough competition between starting pitchers. Even that might not be enough on lack of reputation alone.

Probably just closer Corey Knebel.

Chase Anderson has an outside chance.

I would say Thames maybe would have a chance, but Goldy and Votto are locks and even Rizzo and Myers would likely be ahead of him in a loaded NL 1B position. Oh and Ryan Zimmerman. (good god I hope he's being drug tested as much as Thames)

Verified Member

Knebel, Shaw, Anderson and Thames. I've been voting for Shaw and Thames. I also voted for Bandy but his batting average has gone down so much that I just don't see it anymore. Thames is slipping but his power numbers from earlier in the season make him a candidate.

Shaw, Knebel and Anderson definitely deserve it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Thames made such a ruckus at the start of the season that he's a good candidate even still. He kind of needs to get that batting average back up in the .270 range though.

Shaw is quietly having a really really good season, but as others have said, 3B in the NL is a super stacked position.

Knebel has been ridiculous, and even though he doesn't have a ton of saves, might get recognized for how outstanding he's been.

Chase Anderson has also quietly been really good. Here's hoping the Brewers don't just get a token single representative.

Not sure why Knebel is a lock..... blowing three saves is big even though he has been very good.

No locks, but Shaw, Knebel, Anderson, and Thames are the possibles.

Knebel has 58 K's in 32 1/3 innings, that's 16.1 K's per 9 innings. That ranks 3rd in the majors for all guys with at least 20 IP. His WHIP is under one and his ERA is barely above 1. He blew of few saves, but didn't lose any of those games. My comment was IF the team were chosen today, he'd be a lock and I stand by that.

If the Brewers only get one representative, Knebel's the guy hands down.

Other than the hubbub about Thames earlier in the season what other Brewer is talked about nationally? I doubt non-Brewers fans know who Shaw and Knebel are. We'll probably only get one player named by the NL manager and he won't get in the game until late, if at all, and it will most likely be Thames. Perhaps he can get in the Home Run Derby? He hasn't hit worth a dam in a weeks so I don't think this will jinx him going forward...

Other than the hubbub about Thames earlier in the season what other Brewer is talked about nationally? I doubt non-Brewers fans know who Shaw and Knebel are. We'll probably only get one player named by the NL manager and he won't get in the game until late, if at all, and it will most likely be Thames. Perhaps he can get in the Home Run Derby? He hasn't hit worth a dam in a weeks so I don't think this will jinx him going forward...

Fans don't vote for pitchers so that won't make a difference for Knebel. And Shaw was a Red Sox last year and made some noise to start the season so he has notoriety.

Corey Knebel as the lone representative. His stats are ridiculous. Shaw would be second and Anderson would be up there too if I thought he could keep it up.

Thames...haha no. Way too terrible after his hot start. Doesn't deserve it at all.

Verified Member

If Thames and Shaw don't get voted in they could be named as reserves.

The Crew have been in first place for quite a while and baseball fans must notice the best hitters on the team.

Braun is the name most people know but he is on the DL more than on the field so he's out.

I think Knebel or Thames will be named to the team as a reserve, and I could certainly see Shaw winning a last man vote (a la Geoff Jenkins in '03 and Corey Hart in '08).

Knebel or Thames probably comes down to the manager's preference for his bench. Thames has the higher profile, but he's also at the same position as Rizzo, Goldschmidt, Votto and Zimmerman.

Not sure why Knebel is a lock..... blowing three saves is big even though he has been very good.

No locks, but Shaw, Knebel, Anderson, and Thames are the possibles.

Knebel has 58 K's in 32 1/3 innings, that's 16.1 K's per 9 innings. That ranks 3rd in the majors for all guys with at least 20 IP. His WHIP is under one and his ERA is barely above 1. He blew of few saves, but didn't lose any of those games. My comment was IF the team were chosen today, he'd be a lock and I stand by that.

If the Brewers only get one representative, Knebel's the guy hands down.

No way a lock when this board is split on those 4 guys.

Fans don't vote for pitchers so that won't make a difference for Knebel. And Shaw was a Red Sox last year and made some noise to start the season so he has notoriety.

Yes, Knebel might make it as a reliever named by the NL manager.

I just checked the lastest All-Star vote update from a couple of days ago and not one Brewer is listed in the top 5 or top 15 outfielders. Shaw is not anywhere near there. Nor is Thames. One nice thing is if the voting ended today the NL starters wouldn't resemble the Cubs' starting lineup again this year.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/235916380/national-league-all-star-voting-update/

That's on us if Thames or Shaw aren't in the top 5. I've been voting for a month now.

We all should vote and get them up there in the race.

I've been voting too online. I'm about half way done.

Archived