Brewer Fanatic

Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today [Or would have but for his hamstring]; Woodruff optioned back to AAA after rehab

JDBrewCrew
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe this thread can come full circle and we can DFA Scahill to activate Woodruff again .

i would imagine that would set a single-year record for the brewers. schahill has already been designated for assignment twice in 2017.

woodruff spent only 10 of 30 eligible days on his minor league rehab assignment. he has been activated from the 10-day disabled list and optioned to colorado springs.

if woodruff spends more than 20 days optioned to the minor leagues, he will burn his 2017 option.

So far the starters have been holding their own just fine. Might as well ride Suter as long as it lasts. Woodruff to AAA to sharpen back up after the days off seems to make sense, have him ready for injury or if someone starts slipping badly. I feel like I'd rather keep him ready to start than putting him in the pen right now.

Exactly. Guerra has shown life the last two so have to give him a few more and see how it goes. At the same time Woodruff gets some practice in and makes sure to have the stamina built up to give normal 90-105 pitch games.

Archived