Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-13, Game 1: Brewers (Woodruff/scratched late for Suter) at Cardinals (Lynn) 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-0]

hawing
And Phillips is still here isn't he so you don't even have the lefty excuse?

No he was optioned. But after that last play by Brinson, call him back up.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is certainly beating a dead horse again, but it feels like we say this every game.

The offense is just flat out horrible at hitting sac flies to score a run. Also seems like we haven't gotten a hit with RISP in forever. I'm sure it's not that bad, but it certainly feels like it is. Just can't let prime scoring chances slip away consistently, especially when you don't even have to get a hit to score.

And part two, can we PLEASE get rid of Franklin already. He's batting .183. Is pretty awful in LF. There's simply no reason for him to be on the roster.

And as I'm typing this, a bunch of hits on 1-2 counts. That's stellar. Why does a 2-0 game feel so insurmountable against the Cardinals?? Make that 3-0. Couple of balls in the right spot in this inning but they all count. Almost knew this was coming after we fail to score with bases loaded and only 1 out.

OK, so that's the excuse, thanks. You need that .200 hitting lefty bat in there. If Broxton is in that ball is likely caught, Brinson in left. I said it a few days ago how awkward Franklin looks on routine plays in left. I'm fine with him as an emergency 25th guy that doesn't play, but I don't see why he's out there when we have so many other players with positional flex to be out there.

OK, so that's the excuse, thanks. You need that .200 hitting lefty bat in there. If Broxton is in that ball is likely caught, Brinson in left. I said it a few days ago how awkward Franklin looks on routine plays in left. I'm fine with him as an emergency 25th guy that doesn't play, but I don't see why he's out there when we have so many other players with positional flex to be out there.

Exactly. Double header or not, you should be able to get through it without him having to start. Brinson could have caught that. Broxton likely does catch it. As long as Franklin is on the roster, CC continues to use him all the time like he's good. He's almost always the first PH off the bench. Just get rid of him and be done with it already.

And I also agree, the Brewers seem to be trending downward and not playing good baseball. Today certainly felt like a sweep. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

I remember bringing up Prince and Braun and their impact felt immediate. The prospects we are bringing up right now does not feel that way. Maybe I'm way off on this but they do not excite me much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
Brinson should have caught that. All the hype for this guy too. I think the more the hype the worse it is. Have to give him a chance like the others I suppose.

0 for the last 897 or so with runners in scoring position.

For the Brewers games in June, here's the team at bats with runners in scoring position:

JUN 1: 3-for-12 (W, 2-1 at NYM)

JUN 2: 0-for-8 (L, 2-1 vs. LAD)

JUN 3: 1-for-8 (L, 10-8 vs. LAD)

JUN 4: 1-for-5 (W, 3-0 vs. LAD)

JUN 5: 2-for-6 (L, 7-2 vs. SFG)

JUN 6: 4-for-7 (W, 5-2 vs. SFG)

JUN 7: 2-for-8 (W, 6-3 vs. SFG)

JUN 8: 2-for-10 (L, 9-5 vs. SFG)

JUN 9: 5-for-18 (W, 8-6 at ARI)

JUN 10: 0-for-1 (L, 3-2 at ARI)

JUN 11: 0-for-7 (L, 11-1 at ARI)

TOTAL: 20-for-90 = .222 BA with RISP.

Not great. Still managed to post a 5-6 record in those games.

I remember bringing up Prince and Braun and their impact felt immediate. The prospects we are bringing up right now does not feel that way. Maybe I'm way off on this but they do not excite me much.

Yep. Been awhile since we've had that feeling. Guess we just gotta hope your Arcia, Phillips and Brinsons follow Santana's path and kinda establish themselves over long haul. Certainly aren't playing like gangbusters.

Perez with a pretty nice throw to home. (Silver lining I hope)

No it wasn't. He didn't get behind the ball. His exchange to throw was not great. And the guy on 2B should be standing on 3B because he sailed the cut man.

I don't blame Perez all that much because he's not an OF by trade. I blame the Brewers for thinking just anyone can play anywhere and everything is a-okay.

Time to cut ties with Peralta?

Stearns should've had Wang on a flight to STL after the double.

Archived