Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-13, Game 1: Brewers (Woodruff/scratched late for Suter) at Cardinals (Lynn) 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-0]

hawing

BREWERS

2B Eric Sogard (L)

1B Eric Thames (L)

RF Hernan Perez ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

CF Lewis Brinson ®

C Jett Bandy ®

LF Nick Franklin (S)

SS Orlando Arcia ®

LHP Brent Suter (L)**

CARDINALS

1B Matt Carpenter (L)

CF Dexter Fowler (S)

LF Tommy Pham ®

3B Jedd Gyorko ®

C Yadier Molina ®

2B Kolten Wong (L)

RF Jose Martinez ®

SS Greg Garcia (L)

RHP Lance Lynn ®

**Brandon Woodruff was scratched late with right hamstring tightness.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess since it's a doubleheader everyone's going to start a game but what is this need to start Franklin so often?

Yeah, I agree. I mean, you have Phillips. Let him play.

Phillips was sent back down for Shaw.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I guess since it's a doubleheader everyone's going to start a game but what is this need to start Franklin so often?

Yeah, I agree. I mean, you have Phillips. Let him play.

Phillips was sent back down for Shaw.

Oops. My bad.

I believe this is the first MIL-STL weekday game since I hired a STL-fan* student employee back in September. If I get through the afternoon without wanting to bite his head off, it'll be a personal win.

*Why would I hire someone who is deeply into the Cardinals? Because that would be an illegal reason to deny someone employment.

I believe this is the first MIL-STL weekday game since I hired a STL-fan* student employee back in September. If I get through the afternoon without wanting to bite his head off, it'll be a personal win.

*Why would I hire someone who is deeply into the Cardinals? Because that would be an illegal reason to deny someone employment.

"I feel as though this job would be a step down for someone as classy as yourself. In fact, you're classiness makes you overqualified for this position."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

There were two other reasons for making the hire:

1. Guy is legitimately qualified for the work

2. He was the only applicant.

It's my lesson-in-tolerance period. Plus at least he hates the Cubs.

There isn't a single player in this lineup who is hot right now. Bandy, Thames, Sogard all ice, ice cold.

Edit: Forgot Arcia is in the lineup. So one.

It is very Hernan Perez like with his OBP but he is at 289/300/684 for the month of June.

How do you give up your MLB debut for hamstring tightness? These guys are made of paper.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived