Brewer Fanatic

Line Up Consistency

I know Milwaukee is really short handed but the inconsistent batting order does not seem to help. Thames needs to be moved down with out a doubt. Braun and Shaw's bats are really, really missed. Hoping to make things rough on St. Louis!

Villar/Sogard 2B

Brinson/Broxton CF

Perez/Braun LF

Shaw 3B

Santana RF

Thames/Aguilar 1B

Piña/Bandy C

Arcia SS

Pitcher

Until Villar really starts hitting again, I can't see him at the top. For the short term, I like Brinson leading off and Sogard batting second. If Villar was hitting, I'd love him and Brinson one/two but that's not happening yet. Broxton shouldn't be anywhere near the top, or in it at all.

I agree with you though, without Braun and Shaw, the lineup just isn't the same. We really need them back - no idea when that's happening on either. Haven't heard a peep about Shaw, which is scary given the situation.

For the time being, Thames is exactly where he should be. I think when everybody is healthy, I'd rather him bat 5th, behind Shaw, but I'm ok if it's second as well. Thames seems to be trying to do too much with the other guys out and it's lead to some slumps and quite a few strikeouts.

When you're running a M*A*S*H unit, it's tough to keep a consistent lineup. We really need some guys to get hot to fill the void until everyone's back.

I really like the Thames-Braun-Shaw combo. Having lefty killer Braun in between those two worked nicely to start the season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Get Braun and Thames healthy and insert Shaw back in this lineup and there are no issues. Until then, it will be sparatic.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Considering the offense has been the least of our issues this year, there's no reason to be concerned.

Not looking to improve any aspect of the game is burying your head in the sand. Over the last 4 weeks Arcia has a .363 OBP. This offense has been far from perfect. Maybe it's time Arcia moves to spot in front of the big bats.

Well, it depends on RHP/LHP first of all, who's in the line-up etc. I think Bandy has cooled off to the point where he can move down to the 8 spot when he plays. Broxton (when he plays) needs to be down at 7/8 until he heats up again. Phillips should be down at 7 too. With Braun and Shaw out, it doesn't matter much to me what order they use for the first 6 guys in the line-up.

People think lineups are more consistent than they really are. The Astros have played 64 games, they have used 55 different lineups with the most common only being used 3 times. The Brewers have played 64 games and used 54 different batting orders not counting the pitcher slot. Their most common used is 5 times. These aren't outliers, you can look at every team and it is like that. It is why I can never get into baseball simulation games, their player usage just is never realistic enough. If you are lucky you can keep your top 4 or so hitters pretty consistent, but the lineup as a whole is just never going to be consistent.

Sogard and Brinson are not the two worst hitters. It is called a soft platoon. Better than Thames hitting second. If anything, Thames needs to see less time.

Brinson has one hit and it rolled to a stop at 60 feet. Might want to pump the breaks a bit.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived