Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-11: Brewers (Anderson) vs Diamondbacks (Ray) 3:10 p.m. CDT [Brinson debuts; Brewers lose, 11-1; 10 runs charged to bullpen]

Matt1969

Brinson needs to really cool the jets a bit. Swinging out of his shoes.

annnnnd before that is ridiculed... I understand its his first game lol.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be shocked if Thames isn't jammed on pitch #1 of the at bat for a weak out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I firmly believe we are seeing the end of Broxton in a Brewer uniform.

He looks completely lost and I think the team will want his 40 man spot soon.

We have plenty of crap on the 40 man before we'd give up on Broxton. As much as I want to see him shipped down to AAA to right the ship, he doesn't belong off the 40.

I guess you could stash him at AAA to figure it out and DFA Drake or Peralta.

My issue is that his problems date back over a year. He has shown trends of going on nasty 3-50 streaks. With our glut of OF prospects at some point I think you just cut bait to protect someone else.

I firmly believe we are seeing the end of Broxton in a Brewer uniform.

He looks completely lost and I think the team will want his 40 man spot soon.

We have plenty of crap on the 40 man before we'd give up on Broxton. As much as I want to see him shipped down to AAA to right the ship, he doesn't belong off the 40.

I guess you could stash him at AAA to figure it out and DFA Drake or Peralta.

My issue is that his problems date back over a year. He has shown trends of going on nasty 3-50 streaks. With our glut of OF prospects at some point I think you just cut bait to protect someone else.

With Nick Franklin and Michael Reed holding down 40 man spots as OF's on our team, I think Broxton will be okay for a bit.

Is Thames kind of a hot head? Seems to have somewhat of breakdowns at times after getting out. Maybe he needs to go back to meditating a bit more.

Verified Member
If the MLB ever requires all pitchers who enter the game to finish an inning, I'd be extremely pleased. The whole ROOGY/LOOGY thing is just stupid. It would speed up the game/action and increase offense at the same time.

Broxton was way, way worse last year first half and they still didn't DFA him and his stats this year even after a terrible slump aren't woefully awful.

They're not just going to cut bait. He could use some time in AAA but if he leaves the 40 it'll be because of a trade.

If the MLB ever requires all pitchers who enter the game to finish an inning, I'd be extremely pleased. The whole ROOGY/LOOGY thing is just stupid. It would speed up the game/action and increase offense at the same time.

There should be a pitch limit to it. Once you enter an inning it is either three outs or 25-30 pitches.

Verified Member
I don't think he is a hothead. A little frustration at striking out is a good sign to me. That means he cares. There are some ballplayers on other teams who just go back to the dugout and laugh and joke with teammates without a care in the world.

Torres in and of course gives up a homer. Why is he still on this team!!!

Because he had a good season last year and teams tend to give veterans who have produced for them a little longer leash

He has lots of company in our bullpen with guys who aren't pitching very well.

Archived