Brewer Fanatic

Why not Woodruff too?

rickh150

If Hader is helping us in the pen, why not include our 2016 minor league pitcher of the year, as well? He throws gas, strikes out a bunch (most in the minors last season), walks many less than Hader, and is an upgrade for the bullpen.

The only reason I see him staying in AAA is that he is now our next back-up in the rotation. He could have just leapfrogged Espino.

Is Woodruff on the 40 man?

No, I would look at bringing up Jorge Lopez next for the bullpen

Next move should be Wang. Woodruff got roughed up pretty badly in his last start (tho that happens in CS) and Lopez has an ERA over 5 in AA. 40 man status shouldn't be an issue. They'd have to make room by DFA'ing guys anyway. Garza won't be out much longer so no rush for another starter tho someone other than Espino would be fine with me.

Is Woodruff on the 40 man?

No, I would look at bringing up Jorge Lopez next for the bullpen

Next move should be Wang. Woodruff got roughed up pretty badly in his last start (tho that happens in CS) and Lopez has an ERA over 5 in AA. 40 man status shouldn't be an issue. They'd have to make room by DFA'ing guys anyway. Garza won't be out much longer so no rush for another starter tho someone other than Espino would be fine with me.

I'm with you on the Espino experiment. I was pulling for him but he seems more like a AAAA player that a legit late bloomer to me. It would have been a great story if he came up and Guerra'ed it but I don't think it's going to happen. The good news for him is he got his 15 minutes. The bad news is he didn't do much to warrant more than that.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Suter was pulled from start after an inning and a third. Looks like he may be the guy.

The guy for who? Who's going down?

I believe you get a 26th man on double header days.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Suter was pulled from start after an inning and a third. Looks like he may be the guy.

The guy for who? Who's going down?

Oh then yeah I guess that makes sense. Probably wouldn't be my choice but I guess if you're going to use someone on the 40 it pretty much has to be Suter or Espino.

Oh then yeah I guess that makes sense. Probably wouldn't be my choice but I guess if you're going to use someone on the 40 it pretty much has to be Suter or Espino.

Yeah, me either but if you give me a choice between the two, I've seen enough of Espino now too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Taylor Jungmann is still on there too. And Lopez but he pitched on Friday. So it'll probably be Suter I guess.

Apparently we still have Adrian Houser on our 40 man roster. Does he need to be??

Taylor Jungmann is still on there too. And Lopez but he pitched on Friday. So it'll probably be Suter I guess.

Apparently we still have Adrian Houser on our 40 man roster. Does he need to be??

They could easily move Hauser to the 60 day DL. He's already been out longer than that. Not sure why they didn't do that already.

Even with him, there are several guys they could remove if they wanted to.

Would be awesome to see Woodruff, or even Suter. But isnt it too obvious that they will just bring Espino back to start one of the doubleheader games? Or can they not do that unless Garza goes on the DL because he hasnt been down 10 days?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Would be awesome to see Woodruff, or even Suter. But isnt it too obvious that they will just bring Espino back to start one of the doubleheader games? Or can they not do that unless Garza goes on the DL because he hasnt been down 10 days?

they can't bring him up unless there is an injury for 10 days (not 100% sure of the number, but someone will know). i just know there is a time required between callups for the same player.

as others have said, i am way past the point of Feliz needs to be DFA'd. I am getting close on Peralta. I also would be fine with removing Franklin and Rivera off of the 40 man, so thats 4 easy. I wouldn't bring in Woodruff to just hang out in the pen though.

as others have said, i am way past the point of Feliz needs to be DFA'd. I am getting close on Peralta. I also would be fine with removing Franklin and Rivera off of the 40 man, so thats 4 easy. I wouldn't bring in Woodruff to just hang out in the pen though.

Peralta can be gone in my book. The reason why is IF he actually turns it around, the Brewers still won't offer arby, so what are the chances he is still a Brewer then.

they can't bring him up unless there is an injury for 10 days (not 100% sure of the number, but someone will know). i just know there is a time required between callups for the same player.

Not for the 26th man, Espino can be called up tomorrow and then has to be sent down the next day because he is still in the 10 day period. If a guy like Suter is called up as the 26th man he can stick around if they get rid of somebody else.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah Hader needs a change up. Might be too late.

I love what I saw from Woodruff.

Hader is supposed to have a change he uses only against RH hitters. Either he hasn't needed it or would break it out the second time through. Should be a priority in the spring.

Woodruff was terrific. I think a six man rotation is in order when Anderson returns.

Archived