Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-10: Brewers (Guerra) vs Diamondbacks (Godley) 9:10 p.m. CST [Brewers lose, 3-2; Hader debuts with a clean 7th inning]

Unfortunately if this lead holds up, Thames in left will loom large tonight. Hopefully Counsell will learn from this. Especially with Brinson and Phillips up there is no need for Thames to play in LF at all.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears the dad has a 52 Hader jersey

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Why are guys like Hughes, Feliz, and Torres even on this team.

Where is Tyler Cravy? Why do they continue to roll out terrible pitchers that are not doing anything today and are not in their future plans?

Pitchers don't grow on trees and we traded every healthy bullpen arm the last 2 years. It was bound to leave a mark

Hughes looked great there after the double. Weird.

He hasn't been THAT bad this year. I mean he hasn't been great by any means but sometimes the way he's described you'd think he has been just a train wreck this year.

We really didn't deserve this one anyways. It'd be nice to win tomorrow though. Cubs ain't gonna lose out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know there are a lot of specific rules for the balk (that I don't really want to know ;) ). But it seemed like he was set, then steps, then pitches.

Actually there are no specific rules and it is a bunch of unwritten standard since the only thing the rule says it that the pitcher cannot deceive the runner. After you come set, you can take any odd motion as long as it is continuous towards home

If you're going to try to steal there, wouldn't it make sense to have Brinson pinch run?

And he was out but how do you not challenge that? What exactly are you saving it for?

I generally like Counsell but he does things at times that drive me nuts. There's no reason not to PR Brinson there.

If you're going to try to steal there, wouldn't it make sense to have Brinson pinch run?

And he was out but how do you not challenge that? What exactly are you saving it for?

Maybe they respect the fans and are not trying to devolve into the football challenge system which is only used based on how much it would help you not how bad of a call it was

No Braun

Villar struggled now injured

Broxton struggles

Thames has cooled off

Sogard has cooled slightly

Crappy bullpen

Actually amazing that we are hanging in as much as we are

Verified Member
No Braun

Villar struggled now injured

Broxton struggles

Thames has cooled off

Sogard has cooled slightly

Crappy bullpen

Actually amazing that we are hanging in as much as we are

Agreed. Our rotation has picked it up big time. It will be nice to get Braun and Shaw back.

I generally like Counsell but he does things at times that drive me nuts. There's no reason not to PR Brinson there.

Is Brinson any faster than Santana?

He's 24 for 35 since 2016 season. 7/12 this year. None of that elicits pinch runner status.

Is Brinson any faster than Santana?

He's 24 for 35 since 2016 season. 7/12 this year. None of that elicits pinch runner status.

One of Brinson's tool set that made him attractive to us was his potential as a 30/30 player. No, 24 for 35 isn't great. Yes, he is faster than Santana. Santana has 12 steals in his career.

Why are we trying to steal there? If Aguilar gets a hold of one we get the lead. IMO it wasn't worth the risk there. When you are trying to make a comeback in the 9th you can't give away outs.

Verified Member

Why are we trying to steal there? If Aguilar gets a hold of one we get the lead. IMO it wasn't worth the risk there. When you are trying to make a comeback in the 9th you can't give away outs.

If it was Villar/Broxton/Perez/Braun I'd let them run if they felt comfortable getting a good jump on the pitcher. I haven't seen that from Santana though.

Archived