Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-10: Brewers (Guerra) vs Diamondbacks (Godley) 9:10 p.m. CST [Brewers lose, 3-2; Hader debuts with a clean 7th inning]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow people want to see Hadar up and in first outing he not lights out come on we knew he had some control issues to be worked out. Relax seems like people expect these guys who come up will have an instant impact

You're sure reading a lot into a simple comment to tell him to calm down.

Anyway things looked a little nerve wracking after that first AB but he did a great job settling down and finishing the inning with a K had to feel good. Dad sure was pumped.

Does Hader balk each time he pitches? It looks like he puts his left foot on the rubber, then takes a very small step with his right foot. Then goes into this pitching motion.

Said the exact same thing.

My dog had no opinion.

Bubba Derby's AAA debut: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 K

With Nottingham stroking it and playing some good D, that trade is looking better and better.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Does Hader balk each time he pitches? It looks like he puts his left foot on the rubber, then takes a very small step with his right foot. Then goes into this pitching motion.

As long as it is not deceiving the runner then it is ok but yes it is a balk technically.

best ERA in MLB history, he should retire now and work as a backup singer for weird Al

Or fill in for Carrot Top as the "before" version.

or his cousin Lemon top since he's not a ginger. I wonder if Hader can do any prop comedy with baseball equipment? Well some of our hottest hitters due up in the 9th

I predict that Franklin isn't going to survive the wave of roster returns when Shaw, Villar and Braun all are back.

I don't get why Brinson wasn't up there. Get a guy up who can tie the game up. But I won't be shocked to see him stick even with the waive of players returning, they'll send down the pups.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

As long as it is not deceiving the runner then it is ok but yes it is a balk technically.

It is not a balk he was coming set...barely

Hughes is such a ground ball machine.

Why are guys like Hughes, Feliz, and Torres even on this team.

Where is Tyler Cravy? Why do they continue to roll out terrible pitchers that are not doing anything today and are not in their future plans?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It is not a balk he was coming set...barely

I know there are a lot of specific rules for the balk (that I don't really want to know ;) ). But it seemed like he was set, then steps, then pitches.

Heart of the order for the 9th. Let's have someone else's bullpen meltdown for once.

Bubba Derby's AAA debut: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 K

With Nottingham stroking it and playing some good D, that trade is looking better and better.

Just to level-set, it couldn't look any worse.

(*ducks and runs for cover*)

Why are guys like Hughes, Feliz, and Torres even on this team.

Where is Tyler Cravy? Why do they continue to roll out terrible pitchers that are not doing anything today and are not in their future plans?

Cravy has a 5.26 ERA in AAA. I know it's a tough environment and you can't be sure how it will translate but there's nothing special about Cravy. He doesn't have a Knebel arm or even a Barnes arm.

Archived