Brewer Fanatic

Villar to DL; Brinson recalled to make MLB debut

And That

Will fsn give him the kevin mench treatment or is that reserved for [sarcasm]franchise saviors received in trade at the deadline[/sarcasm]?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Will fsn give him the kevin mench treatment or is that reserved for [sarcasm]franchise saviors received in trade at the deadline[/sarcasm]?

I remain convinced that without Daron Sutton, that doesn't happen to the extent it did.

"It's a ground ball to 2nd, and the man who hits ground balls.. has just hit another."

Well he's up so play him CC. Broxton needs about a week off from the whiplash he has from swinging through pitches anyways.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really hope Brinson and Phillips can show enough to give Stearns the confidence to move Braun if he comes back strong or even sell high on Santana.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Verified Member
As long as Broxton is in Milwaukee this seems unnecessary.

It was either Brinson, Cordell, Michael Reed or Yadi Rivera. No other position players are on the 40 man, and if Villar is down, we definiitely needed a position player. Franklin, Sogard, and Perez' versatility allows it to be an OF only.

Verified Member
The newbie call-ups are happening much faster than I thought. Especially being in first place. Quality move and I am sure game attendance will be on the rise.

The hand was forced with Garza, Braun and Villar's injuries and Shaw being unavailable. No reason not to bring up the best talent if they are going to see the field. None of those 4 guys will be out for long, so this is kind of a fun opening act for the youngsters to be able to play meaningful games and yet with no pressure to perform in the long term since they'll likely be going back down in a week or two anyway. Perfect scenario.

I really hope Brinson and Phillips can show enough to give Stearns the confidence to move Braun if he comes back strong or even sell high on Santana.

I don't think the reason Braun is still here is from a lack of willingness to trade him or lack of confidence in our OF prospects .

Santana might end up being the best hitter of the bunch but I continue to see him being overlooked.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't think the reason Braun is still here is from a lack of willingness to trade him or lack of confidence in our OF prospects .

Yeah.....at this point if the Dodgers don't want to give up a reasonable return for him he isn't going anywhere......and I'm ok with that.

You need veterans too.

Verified Member
as always i hope he doesn't sit.i am not sure there is a plan to get Phillips and Brinson consistent At Bats

When Shaw comes back one of them will go back down. When Braun comes back the other one will go back down. When Braun gets hurt again, one of them will come back up. Rinse, repeat.

As long as Broxton is in Milwaukee this seems unnecessary.

The way he has played the bench looks real nice for Broxton

So sad but true. My hopes were sky high for him this year.

It's not over yet but it's looking bleak.

This is exactly the benefit of having a bunch of guys who can play multiple positions and carry a stick, we can treat these young prospects as an extended bench. Get the best guys on the field you can. And the unexpected competitiveness is a boon to justify however you scramble the roster without too much pressure on anyone. If they can keep doing most of the same thing with the pitchers until they find the best reasonable combo we might even be able to have our deadline 'moves' without much in the way of trades.

Hopefully Brinson gets a start today. Phillips has looked overmatched in his short time here and being young hopefully can improve on that more in the minors. Broxton is a stikeout machine as well but being older I don't mind seeing him transitioned to the 4th outfielder and seeing what Brinson can do.

Community Moderator
Hopefully Brinson gets a start today. Phillips has looked overmatched in his short time here and being young hopefully can improve on that more in the minors. Broxton is a stikeout machine as well but being older I don't mind seeing him transitioned to the 4th outfielder and seeing what Brinson can do.

Brinson is starting in LF and batting lead-off. Happy Lewis Brinson MLB Debut Day everyone!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Really? Santana is 24and Brinson and phillips are 23. So the Brewers should trad 24 year old major leaguers with plus +870 OPS as part of the rebuild?

Archived