Brewer Fanatic

Who's Next?

Brinson for Broxton? It is pretty obvious that Aguilar is inadequate at 1B and Thames is very poor in the outfield. DFA Nick Franklin and give Garett Cooper a shot? DFA Wily Peralta and give Cravy a role? Hoping Hader gets Garza's next start but my guess is it will be Peralta's last chance. At least they are doing something; I like it!

Aguilar has made a couple poor defensive decisions recently but he's been just fine otherwise and has been plenty good offensively. Hader is up because he's the only one in AAA that can step right in and be a big time contributor in the pen and from the left side. The back-end is overworked and this move is equivalent to Stearns acquiring someone without actually giving anything up. The bonuses are this gets him out of CS (where someone with a filthy slider like him is greatly affected) and he gains MLB experience.

He's not starting this year unless it's a spot start. Him in the pen this year makes absolute perfect sense (a la Sale, Johan) then he'll go right back to the rotation after the season. If a starter is traded then Woodruff most likely takes that spot while Hader remains in the pen. The entire rotation is pitching very well at the moment so they won't be affected.

DFA Franklin I'm on board with and think that happens when Braun is back. If they're not going to keep Phillips as the 4th OF then I see Perez more in that role with Sogard handling the IF so no need for Franklin.

I'd leave Brinson down unless he's going to come up and play regularly. But I would love to see someone like Wren get a shot over Franklin. Franklin has done nothing, and Wren has very little left to do in AAA, let's see what he can do up here.

And I'd also like to see Wang get a shot in the bullpen as well. Add another lefty. He's been lights out against lefties this year.

Your long term answer would be Phillips for Broxton I would imagine. When I mean long term I am not talking long long term, but who would take his spot for the time being. Phillips got the nod over Brinson now so I imagine he would be the first.

Ryan Cordell? Play some 3B if Villar has to go to the DL.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ryan Cordell? Play some 3B if Villar has to go to the DL.

Cordell isn't really tearing things up. Assuming Shaw isn't out much longer, they may add Rivera for a few days then send him back when Shaw gets activated. Phillips will stick around until Braun returns now, unless he does well enough to prompt them to send down Broxton.

No. If they're bringing up a OF being up an actual OF. And with Thames and Aguilar there already, Cooper is going to have to wait for an injury or Aguilar to completely fall off. Can't hamstring our manager more than he already is with putting guys out of their natural positions.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wow, big move! Perez to second. Outfield of Santana, Phillips, Brinson would be fun, although they may ease Brinson in. It'd be nice for Broxton to show sign of life.

I'd still like to see another reliever come up. Maybe two. I'm going to say it will happen in due course.

Archived