Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-09: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Delgado) 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

hawing
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
De Jesus or Orf or other if Villar is on the DL?

Neither is on the 40, so you still have to DFA someone to make room unless Villar's injury is serious enough to put him on the 60 day.

They have plenty of guys who can play 2nd. If it isn't a long term stay my guess is that it just buys Phillips more time.

Yeah, Sogard, Franklin, Perez can play two of 3B/2B leaving one on the bench. Broxton/Santana/Phillips in the OF. For one game they can get by with a bench of Aguilar/Franklin/catcher.

If they need to add De Jesus or someone they can DFA Reed or Rivera, although I have a bad feeling it would be Rivera being called up. They can also move Hauser to the 60-day DL as he has already missed the first 60 days of the season.

I'll never understand hitters who swing at the first pitch after a pitcher shows no control the previous hitter. If you're swinging first pitch there it better be a fastball right down the middle or a cement mixer slider or something. Swinging at a fastball on the edge with the bases loaded is an awful decision there.

I don't understand that either. Or a guy swinging at a pitch on 3-0 when the pitcher can't find the plate at all, especially if you need base runners.

Villar with the defensive play of the year right there. Hope he's okay

CC said after the game it was back spasms. He looked like he was in some pain there. I was watching ESPN late last night and evidently the AZ announcers was complaining that this break because of an injury was interfering with the D-Backs' momentum. Good lord...

Archived