Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-08: Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Espino) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-5, 10 innings]

hawing
I have yet to see Espino pitch but is the only reason he's made two starts because burning his service time means nothing?

Yep. That and he has looked decent in AAA, so you were seeing if their was any lightning in the bottle of the 30 year old.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not many pitchers have survived throwing 88-89mph.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I guess I can see the logic in not adding Woodruff because if he pitches a game and sent down he burns an option. If he just stays in the minors he will have all three options next year. However, if Woodruff ends up being decent options shouldn't really be an issue with him anyway. Should be interesting to see who they go with on Tuesday, could be Espino again, maybe Jungmann or the longshot a young guy like Woodruff/Hader.

Way don't the Brewers make a batterers background that absorbers the baseball to make home runs without question?

http://i.imgur.com/xZEBBLp.gif

I laughed at that gif out loud in my quiet office and about 4 co-workers turned and glared at me. Thanks.

Okay time for machines again. Ump giving Johnny 2-4 inches off the outside corner against Sogard. Terrible.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Espino has now made two starts, couldn't get into the 5th inning either time. That's not good. Also giving up the HR ball. Not good.

Also...the strike zone is getting frustrating today. Slater should have been rung up the pitch before his HR, called a ball. And Cueto is getting quite a bit off the plate. The strike 3 to Sogard was at least 3-4 inches outside.

That's why I like it when teams try to run a lot. You put pressure on the defense, you force mistakes. And occasionally you get a run from it. Not often, but a run here and there over a season can be an extra win.

Both of these teams have had the opportunity to really extend leads and so far neither has come through.

Why can't we just have Wily be a one inning man? Why does Counsell insist on multiple innings from him? Man, just let the guy go out and get three outs and use him in a spot he may actually succeed in. Stupid managing.

When he is finally DFA'd, some manager will and he'll be alright.

Archived