Brewer Fanatic

Garza to 10 -day DL, Shaw reinstated from Paternity List.

JDBrewCrew

Milwaukee Brewers‏Verified account @Brewers 50m50 minutes ago

RHP Matt Garza (chest contusion) has been placed on the 10-day DL, retroactive to June 4. 3B Travis Shaw reinstated from the paternity list.

I'm guessing Phillips goes down in favor of Espino.

i would welcome designating oliver drake, optioning phillips, recalling espino and selecting the contract of kyle wren.

the starters are going deeper as of late. it's time to stick with a 12-man pitching staff.

Just start Peralta for a game. Then when Garza and Braun come back, it will be more clear who needs to go. As of today, I would pick Franklin and a reliever. The more I think about it, this is Phillips chance. As a 4th OF, he can still get plenty of starts and ABs. By the end of the year we will then have a better idea what the future holds for him and Broxton. Perez can play more in the IF, especially 2B. That kind of leaves Aguilar as the odd man out except for spot starts at 1B and PH. But I'm fine with that. I think.

Just start Peralta for a game. Then when Garza and Braun come back, it will be more clear who needs to go. As of today, I would pick Franklin and a reliever. The more I think about it, this is Phillips chance. As a 4th OF, he can still get plenty of starts and ABs. By the end of the year we will then have a better idea what the future holds for him and Broxton. Perez can play more in the IF, especially 2B. That kind of leaves Aguilar as the odd man out except for spot starts at 1B and PH. But I'm fine with that. I think.

I wouldn't start Peralta. He's not really stretched out anymore anyway but if we are going to try to make it work with him in the pen we need to stay committed to it.

I would certainly be more excited about Woodruff, but assuming we're going to go with someone already on the 40 I'm fine with giving Espino one more spot start and seeing how it goes.

Yeah, hopefully the Peralta ship has sailed. Let him get some reps in the bullpen until we're ready to let him go, but please don't give him any more starts. Any minor leaguer would be preferable, just because of the "what do you do if Peralta has a good start?" scenario.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I would DFA Franklin, add Woodruff for 2 starts then option both Phillips and Woodruff when Braun and Garza come off the DL

Garza is supposably only suppose to miss one start. With an off day his spot in the rotation will only come up once in the 10 days he is on the DL.

Those who have mentioned Peralta that is probably a poor idea. He isn't stretched out and you are looking at 4-5 innings max. Starting him leaves the bullpen short and then you have to overwork it for 4-5 innings.

Phillips sent back down to make room for Espino.

So they brought him up, got one start, two days on the bench and now goes back down. Not sure what the point of that was...meanwhile, Franklin continues to waste a roster spot. Ugh.

So they brought him up, got one start, two days on the bench and now goes back down. Not sure what the point of that was...meanwhile, Franklin continues to waste a roster spot. Ugh.

I agree with you that I'd like to see Franklin replaced. As to why they did what they did, I'd say probably to give Phillips a taste of the big leagues. He'll be a major league player soon. Giving him this quick call-up and then letting him go back to get full-time play will probably help him out when he is called up for good.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I'm sure that was the plan all along. He's not going to get regular AB's in Milwaukee and he'll get even less when Braun comes back.

Archived