Brewer Fanatic

Pohlman Field in Beloit

Has anyone ever been there? Worth checking out? I'm debating if I want to pull myself together after a couple of days of partying to see the Timber Rattlers there on July 2. It sounds like it's an absolute relic, which is why they're trying to replace it I guess, but does it have any charm or is it just a total dump? Thanks!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Has anyone ever been there? Worth checking out? I'm debating if I want to pull myself together after a couple of days of partying to see the Timber Rattlers there on July 2. It sounds like it's an absolute relic, which is why they're trying to replace it I guess, but does it have any charm or is it just a total dump? Thanks!

I always heard it was a dump. Not sure how much charm there is honestly. Never personally went there though.

Community Moderator
I grew up going to games there. It is not a destination stadium. You get midwest league baseball. You're close to the action and the players. It's relatively cheap and easy to get autographs and pictures. It is also really easy to get to know the players throughout the season which is not always the case in other stadiums. If I was going to drive a decent distance to a game there it would be for a purpose: see team X, see player X or a giveaway item.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Community Moderator
I go to a game at Pohlman about once a year. If you decide to make the trip, go for the baseball. There isn't much to see in terms of the facility, but you can have your pick of seats. [sarcasm]One added bonus is if you use the restroom between innings you are likely to be standing one urinal over from a player for the visiting team.[/sarcasm]
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I vote dump.

I drove down from Eau Claire during summer 2015 to see Lake County visit for some games. Went to Sat n Sunday games.

After seeing the place I wish I had gone to games elsewhere. At least Beloit is off my list of stadiums to see now..

Fox in Appleton looks like a palace in comparison...

great move getting the brewers out of there and up to Appleton. yes, dump. a relic, but not in a nostalgic way, in a completely neglected, this must be where Hollywood shoots minor league baseball movies when they want to overly show how crappy the minor leagues are, sort of way. though, worth seeing Harrison and our other young prospects play- absolutely.

so it sounds like it is that bad after all! The reason I would go would be to see Harrison, Feliciano, Demi and Lara for sure.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived