Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-06: Giants (Cain) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

hawing
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why you bring in Torres in the bottom of the 8th for one out, then have him sit the bench for an inning. Almost predictably, the first two runners get on for the Giants. Can't wait until Posey hits one about 450'.. nevermind, just a harmless single to left will still nobody out and a run in already. Cripes.

It's not just bringing in Torres, which I don't have a problem with but he should be a short leash; but to have him just get one batter when your starter still was pitching well and effectively (even if at ~110 pitches) and then sit right away is another CC move that makes me scratch my head a bit. Every manager uses their bullpen in strange ways and it's easy to 2nd guess, but Craig has done this or weird things like this a few times this year.

Gotta be kidding me with blown double play. Would've been a fitting thing to get in the 9th the way the rest of the game has gone. Just need a K to start from Knebel and get the heck out of here

There is absolutely no reason that Knebel should have had to be used with a 5 run lead going into the 9th. I mean don't get me wrong we did and it was the right move but it's pathetic. If you cannot protect a 5 run lead with 3 outs to go you do not belong on an MLB team. There are position players who could protect that big of a lead on the mound .

Verified Member

I'm glad for Gennett. And an added bonus is that they beat the Cards.

Torres again with a bad outing and an error.

Knebel had to come in because he couldn't get the job done.

There is absolutely no reason that Knebel should have had to be used with a 5 run lead going into the 9th. I mean don't get me wrong we did and it was the right move but it's pathetic. If you cannot protect a 5 run lead with 3 outs to go you do not belong on an MLB team. There are position players who could protect that big of a lead on the mound .

While Torres didn't pitch well it was his error, not pitching, that forced Knebel into the game. If he makes a halfway decent throw to second they turn two and he probably still gives up a run but finishes the game.

While Torres didn't pitch well it was his error, not pitching, that forced Knebel into the game. If he makes a halfway decent throw to second they turn two and he probably still gives up a run but finishes the game.

Does it not seem like we have the worst fielding pitchers in baseball? Maybe it's just because Garza and Torres made mistakes that are still fresh in my mind but we seem generally bad in that regard.

Archived