RF Domingo Santana ®

LF Eric Thames (L)

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

3B Hernan Perez ®

C Jett Bandy ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Chase Anderson ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think we will see Phillips again against the righty and then if he gets a day off it'll be against the overachieving lefty tomorrow?

I didn't realize how bad Broxton has been this year. BR has him at -0.4 WAR, Fangraphs as 0.3. I guess with as much hear as Villar draws, he flew under the radar.

Can you adjust that say May and beyond though? Everyone was well aware of how awful Broxton was in April. Aside from striking out too much overall he's been ok since then but apparently not as good on D as last year, but obviously that horrendous April is going to hold down his cumulative numbers for a while.

Can you adjust that say May and beyond though? Everyone was well aware of how awful Broxton was in April. Aside from striking out too much overall he's been ok since then but apparently not as good on D as last year, but obviously that horrendous April is going to hold down his cumulative numbers for a while.

I think we all expect wild streaks from white hot to he will never get another hit. What I'm sure no one expected was his negative dWAR, which is unacceptable. D isn't supposed to be variable.

I'm not sure why you say D isn't supposed to be variable. He's had a few miscues in the first couple months, but it seems like his range and jumps are still there. Just a few plays in a year can still make a big difference in defensive metrics and we're only a couple months in.

On standard fielding stats, he had no errors last year in 511 innings, but this year he has 3 already in 422.2. If he cuts back on the errors the rest of the way, whether advanced or standard stats, his defense is going to look better. Edit: I misread the columns, he had 4 errors last year and only 2 so far this year.

If you go by Inside Edge fielding stats on Fangraphs, he's coming out as slightly worse on the routine plays (2017 - 97.8% of 89 plays, 2016 - 98.6% of 140 plays), but actually better on the non-routine plays. So, I think his defense is still pretty strong, and it's just not showing up in how Dwar is measured yet.

Was hoping to see Phillips get at least 2 starts while he is up. Aguilar is 9 for his last 52, don't know why it's so essential to get him back in there after one day out of the lineup.

Archived