Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-05: Giants (Samardzjia) at Brewers (Guerra) 6:40 PM CDT [MLB debut for Brett Phillips; Brewers lose, 7-2]]

hawing

I was listening on the radio and didn't really watch much today, you guys weren't kidding about the crazy tight strikezone, I'm looking at the WPA graph on fangraphs right now and to the right they have the strikezone with all the pitches, apparently ball one from Scahill to Posey was almost right down the middle, there were other ones too. What the hell?!?

http://www.fangraphs.com/livewins.aspx?date=2017-06-05&team=Brewers&dh=0&season=2017

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was listening on the radio and didn't really watch much today, you guys weren't kidding about the crazy tight strikezone, I'm looking at the WPA graph on fangraphs right now and to the right they have the strikezone with all the pitches, apparently ball one from Scahill to Posey was almost right down the middle, there were other ones too. What the hell?!?

http://www.fangraphs.com/livewins.aspx?date=2017-06-05&team=Brewers&dh=0&season=2017

It depended who was pitching. It was not so tight of a zone when Samardzija was on the mound .

2) Orlando Arcia hasn't been hitting well lately. Just as bad as the rest of the year. I would still start him, but meh.

This is just flat out wrong. I know you hate his bat but you should probably check stats before you assume. He's been slowly progressing this season and hitting pretty well for about a month now.

Arcia getting days off is much like Domingo and Broxton last season. I trust CC to know what he's doing with these guys.

If anyone is slumping at the plate right now it is Broxton.

Feliz continues to show nothing..........went from closer to can't be used in a competitive game in less then 2 months

For the second time in 3 games I knew as soon as CC put Feliz out there we were screwed. I do believe it is time to eat his contract, release him and bring somebody up from AAA. He reminds me of Axford - once they lose it its over. :(

According to that chart, everything called a strike was a strike. According to last night's Fox Trax and MLB Gameday there were plenty of balls called strikes.

Feliz continues to show nothing..........went from closer to can't be used in a competitive game in less then 2 months

With apologies for the TMI: I finished my evening shower last night during the top of the 9th. I listened to a bit of Uecker and could tell who was pitching before he even said the name.

Longtime readers here know I'm relatively upbeat and hopeful when it comes to the Brewers, and it takes some doing to turn me against a player. Yet here we are with Neftali.

I get that the 2017 Brewers aren't supposed to be a true frontrunner, and I get the value of maximizing the eventual careers of (in this case pitching) prospects. But I can't believe there's no decent alternative to continuing to let Feliz wreck games one way or another. He wasn't the garbage-time pitcher last night - he made the game into garbage time!

The Brewers' relative success thus far (however unexpected) has resulted in more interest from fans, yet they threaten to negate that bonus good will with such an inconsistent relief corps.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I've been wondering if Feliz is hiding an injury or something. Ever since the series in Toronto back in April when he was lights out and hitting "100" on the gun and looking awesome. But once they left Canada he hasn't been the same--and getting worse, it seems, every outing since.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived