Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-05: Giants (Samardzjia) at Brewers (Guerra) 6:40 PM CDT [MLB debut for Brett Phillips; Brewers lose, 7-2]]

hawing

GIANTS:

CF Denard Span (L)

3B Eduardo Nunez ®

1B Brandon Belt (L)

C Buster Posey ®

SS Brandon Crawford (L)

RF Hunter Pence ®

2B Joe Panik (L)

LF Orlando Calixte ®

RHP Jeff Samardzjia ®

BREWERS:

SS Eric Sogard (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

1B Eric Thames (L)

3B Hernan Perez ®

C Manny Pina ®

LF Nick Franklin (S)

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

CF Brett Phillips (L)

RHP Junior Guerra ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was waiting for this to be started so I could complain about the lineup. Ha.

I have several gripes to this one, but my biggest two:

1 - Putting a guy making his MLB debut in the 8 hole in front of the pitcher. He's a better hitter than that and it gives him that much more to think about. Don't love that in any way.

2 - Once again not playing Arcia (in favor of Franklin to boot). Sogard in the lineup is fine right now, but why not him in LF? Arcia is easily our best defender, so we're weakening ourselves there for sure. And he's been hitting relatively well of late. If you must play Franklin, why isn't he 8th and Phillips 6th?

3 (not about tonight per say just in general) - Given the rest of the guys playing, maybe there aren't many options, but is anyone else getting tired of seeing Perez in the 3 (and tonight 4) spot in the lineup? Braun can't get back soon enough.

1) I think you are way overthinking that..way overthinking. Brett Phillips is just thankful to be in the line-up and probably expects to be in the #8 spot.

2) Orlando Arcia hasn't been hitting well lately. Just as bad as the rest of the year. I would still start him, but meh.

On another note I almost went tonight because I have seen Jeffy pitch twice at Miller Park and he got absolutely wrecked both times. If he pitches well I apologize in advance for missing and causing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the 8 spot in the lineup. There's more to think about there with the pitcher batting behind than just about anywhere else in the lineup. That spot would be fine for him if the lineup was stacked, but it's not. And Franklin there would make a lot more sense to me.

2) Orlando Arcia hasn't been hitting well lately. Just as bad as the rest of the year. I would still start him, but meh.

This is just flat out wrong. I know you hate his bat but you should probably check stats before you assume. He's been slowly progressing this season and hitting pretty well for about a month now.

Arcia getting days off is much like Domingo and Broxton last season. I trust CC to know what he's doing with these guys.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is just flat out wrong. I know you hate his bat but you should probably check stats before you assume. He's been slowly progressing this season and hitting pretty well for about a month now.

Since May 4th, Arcia is batting:

.260/.311/.323/.644

He's looked better, but not exactly tearing the cover off the baseball. His average is over .300 over the past 15 games, though still not walking much nor hitting for power. Just throwing some stats out there as I agree - let him play, the kid's glove is special and think the bat will come around to at least be serviceable, which would be plenty given his defense.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Arcia getting days off is much like Domingo and Broxton last season. I trust CC to know what he's doing with these guys.

Flat out wrong? I think not. Maybe he has done marginally better in the average department, but that means little to me in a small sample. That could simply be just having more balls poke through. He still has zero power. He had what...3 XBHs last month? To say he is playing well because when his OPS went from .650 to .690(year/last 14 days) is pretty generous.

Flat out wrong? I think not. Maybe he has done marginally better in the average department, but that means little to me in a small sample. That could simply be just having more balls poke through. He still has zero power. He had what...3 XBHs last month? To say he is playing well because when his OPS went from .650 to .690(year/last 14 days) is pretty generous.

If you were expecting a bunch of power this year then you don't really get player progression. He's young. He hasn't even filled out yet. It'll come and he's learning on the fly and improving.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sure that may be true. I never said anything about someone taking Arcia's spot or anything. Actually I said I would be starting him. I just refuted the point that he has been playing well...which to me is not very accurate.

As soon as I start bagging on someone they start looking like an all-star, and that's no different with Hughes.

For those of you complaining about the Uecker commercial, I'll in a heartbeat trade you for the 40 times a game I have to put up with the Skip & Shannon promo on the Fox Sports app. And no, I'm not exaggerating, it is shown an average of twice per half inning, 18 half innings, plus an average of twice more per two in-inning pitching changes.

Couldn't think of two people who are bigger jerk-faces in sports than those two, and I have to see them, literally, 40 times a game.

Archived