Brewer Fanatic
Broxton & Villar for Yelich.

Why would Florida want to make this trade? Yelich has more value than that.

Can send them a bucket of balls if you'd like.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Broxton & Villar for Yelich.

Why would Florida want to make this trade? Yelich has more value than that.

Can send them a bucket of balls if you'd like.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I will be very surprised if anyone of our top 5 OF prospects reach Yelich's level, use 1 or 2 of them to get him here. They all can't play in the bigs.

I would rather use them to acquire a +4 WAR pitcher than trade them for a +2 WAR OFer(Yelich 4 WAR replacing a 2 WAR guy). Why not incredibly increase a position than to marginally improve one? Sounds like a poor use of resources.

I will take Yelich's .376 OBP from last year and his future contract and be thrilled with him batting in the 2 hole. Miami is motivated to trade him to shed dollars. Not sure you have to empty the farm for him, he's not lighting it up this year, so far.

Easier said than done trying to get really good starters,

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's easy to make up trade proposals, especially when you're making them one sided from your team's perspective. There's no indication that Florida is in a hurry to move Yelich, or is going to just give him away. I'm sure they want prospects, not a .590 OPS 2nd baseman, and an almost 28 year old CF who's putting up production roughly equal to what Yelich is already doing.

It's easy to make these up and say "I'd do that in a heartbeat". If you can look at a trade and say you'd do it without hesitating, would the other team? I'd trade Nick Walker and a rosin bag for Bryce Harper in a heartbeat, that doesn't mean Washington would.

It's easy to make up trade proposals, especially when you're making them one sided from your team's perspective. There's no indication that Florida is in a hurry to move Yelich, or is going to just give him away. I'm sure they want prospects, not a .590 OPS 2nd baseman, and an almost 28 year old CF who's putting up production roughly equal to what Yelich is already doing.

It's easy to make these up and say "I'd do that in a heartbeat". If you can look at a trade and say you'd do it without hesitating, would the other team? I'd trade Nick Walker and a rosin bag for Bryce Harper in a heartbeat, that doesn't mean Washington would.

They both had very good seasons a year ago. (3.9WAR for Villar and 2.1WAR for Broxton. Yelich had 5.3WAR a season ago. Villar and Broxton are both making league minimum while Yelich is on the hook for almost $60 millionth through 2022. It wouldn't be out of this world if some GM thought they could get two players that could cover up two spots on the field for cheap. Now maybe we would need to toss in a prospect but it's all in the eyes of the beholder of what they think on Broxton and Villar.

What I think it would take leaving out the two top prospects at AAA:

-Corey Ray

-Luis Ortiz

-Lucas Erceg

In my opinion he is pretty comparable to Adam Eaton. I prefer Eaton's game more, but Yelich also has an additional year of control. Regardless I don't see how you acquire without Ray, Ortiz, and another intriguing guy. I would expect a demand of at least one pitcher. Since none of us want to give up a pitcher you might be looking at something like this instead if you so choose:

-Corey Ray

-Mauricio Dubon

-Lucas Erceg

-Monte Harrison

I don't think Ortiz for Dubon is an even swap and would require another prospect, but it was hard to find one that wasn't a pitcher without too much or too little value. One could fight over the 4th prospect specifics(maybe not one at all), but the first three would make the most sense.

Archived