Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-03: Dodgers (Hill) at Brewers (Garza) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-8]

hawing
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I put this on MA and Stearns. Never addressed the pen in the offseason and now we pay dearly.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I put this on MA and Stearns. Never addressed the pen in the offseason and now we pay dearly.

This is on

1. Torres, obviously

2. Counsell. It's not like Torres is a closer/reliable. How you don't have someone else near ready when a crappy reliever has loaded the bases and walked a run in is inexcusable. I don't care who it was, Torres made it clear he didn't have it today, and he made that clear batter after batter while Counsell just watched.

I am not Shea Vucinich

If Knebel and Barnes aren't available Craig is pretty much screwed because everyone else in the pen kind of sucks.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I want to say words I'm not allowed to say on this board.

So I'll just say this. Let's be honest. First place or not, this team is not a contender whatsoever. Self-reflection, we are a 1st place team only in the technical sense because the rest of the division is off to a very poor start, and we ain't finishing here.

If Knebel and Barnes aren't available Craig is pretty much screwed because everyone else in the pen kind of sucks.

Why not have somebody - ANYBODY - up, just in case Torres bombs? How could any of the guys still out there be worse?

The Dodgers have a real closer. The Crew do not. Game over and it's a shame.

If our 'Real closer' was actually available today, we win. If our setup man is available, we probably win. No, past the first 2, it's a wasteland.

Verified Member

The wasteland all have an ERA over 4. Something should be done about that.

I like Knebel, I really do. But he isn't a closer like Jansen. Of course the Dodgers are a big payroll team and can afford the best. I just think Feliz is such a bad signing because he was supposed to be the closer and he has failed.

Brewer fans, June 2nd: 'Man, I can't imagine a worse loss than this.'

Carlos Torres, June 3rd: 'Hold my beer...'

I am angered by the loss, but that is funny. I LOVE that expression HOLD MY BEER.

Archived