Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-02: Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Nelson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 12 innings]

hawing
You guys are comical. Those two balls were scourchers. The first one hopped up him. Play that could for sure be made but the hate just runs way too strong here for this guy. And just like that he makes the very next play. It's like he has made love to all your wives or something.

So happy for Jimmy to get outta there. Tack on here and send out Knebel and get game one!

C'mon man, give me a break. Villar has been horrible this year. Are you really going to blame people for being frustrated with him? It's June, not April. I spent all of April defending Villar. Even Rock was highly annoyed at JV for not making the play. It's a key situation, Nelson has pitched a gem, and it was hit right to him.

You act like people are just irrationally hating on Villar. Uh no, they're hating on Villar for being a sub .600 OPS player with a reputation for defensive gaffes in key situations.

And then you want to give him a big ol' pat on the back for doing his job and properly fielding a ball that he should properly field 9 times out of 10. Have we really dropped our expectations that much for him?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are comical. Those two balls were scourchers. The first one hopped up him. Play that could for sure be made but the hate just runs way too strong here for this guy. And just like that he makes the very next play. It's like he has made love to all your wives or something.

So happy for Jimmy to get outta there. Tack on here and send out Knebel and get game one!

I don't think anyone hates the guy, but he needs to give us a reason to like him again. It;'s been a miserable, disappointing season, and it isn't like it is the 2nd week of the season, he has sucked since day one.

Forgive us for expecting our 2B to make plays that 100% of all other MLB 2B would make. It is becoming habitual, and tiring. Celebrating him making the next routine play is a bit funny imo.

Chase Utley booted an easy ball a half inning before. It happens. And there is hatred. The guy could play well for a month and make a base running error and the pitch forks would come right back out. It's craziness.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't think anyone hates the guy, but he needs to give us a reason to like him again. It;'s been a miserable, disappointing season, and it isn't like it is the 2nd week of the season, he has sucked since day one.

Forgive us for expecting our 2B to make plays that 100% of all other MLB 2B would make. It is becoming habitual, and tiring. Celebrating him making the next routine play is a bit funny imo.

Chase Utley booted an easy ball a half inning before. It happens. And there is hatred. The guy could play well for a month and make a base running error and the pitch forks would come right back out. It's craziness.

It happens all right, far too frequently. This is a fan board, fans make comments that might not match your opinion, it happens...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Does Chase Utley have an established reputation for making big mental mistakes in key late game situations?

If Villar plays well for a month and a half, I will give him his just due, trust me. I would like very much for him to play well for a month and a half. No one is rooting for him to fail.

and I'm sure Dodger boards across the country were full of similar comments

If Villar plays well for a month and a half, I will give him his just due, trust me. I would like very much for him to play well for a month and a half. No one is rooting for him to fail.

yup, the love will come back pretty quickly if he actually starts helping the team win games.

yup, the love will come back pretty quickly if he actually starts helping the team win games.

There wasn't a ton of love a year ago when he was raking. People have poked a part his game since he has been here.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Knebel is gonna drop to 4 of 7 in save opportunities. Where is the uproar?

You know the answer to this. Not sure why you're asking.

Knebel has been awesome this year and people understand that he's not going to be perfect every outing. As you have told me they have major league players on the other side as well. Villar has been a pretty bad player this year and has therefore been subject to more criticism than Knebel.

Pretty simple.

If your job is to be the board dick, you deserve a raise...

You know the answer to this. Not sure why you're asking.

Just pointing out that some players get a lot harsher attitudes towards than others.

Eventually Knebel just has to start being better at save opportunities or all the peripheral stats in the world won't mean a can of beans.

Archived