Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-02: Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Nelson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 12 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelson for one more inning then Knebel for the 9th?

If he can get to the 9th under 100 pitches how can you look him in the eye and tell him he can't finish it?

Kershaw over 100 pitches, his spot coming up... might be done through 7 ... which is a win for us I think.

Nelson will be lucky to get out of the 8th the way this one is setting up. Damn.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They won't, and he's probably not even warm but frankly I'd put in Knebel now.

Not so much worried about him instantly dying as I am him leaving another hanging slider up and end up losing this game before we even get to the 9th.

Anyone have any doubt in their mind in that split second that the ball was headed to Villar that he was going to screw up the tailor made double play?

it surely wasn't surprising...

so glad he turned down our offer.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

You guys are comical. Those two balls were scourchers. The first one hopped up him. Play that could for sure be made but the hate just runs way too strong here for this guy. And just like that he makes the very next play. It's like he has made love to all your wives or something.

So happy for Jimmy to get outta there. Tack on here and send out Knebel and get game one!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

.@Jimmy_J_Nelson, who led @MLB in walks in 2016, is the first #Brewers pitcher EVER w/consecutive 10+K/no walk starts. #MILvsLA @EliasSports

Add him to the list of best Brewers pitchers already.

You guys are comical. Those two balls were scourchers. The first one hopped up him.

This is major league baseball, not your county softball league. If an infielder can get behind a ground ball, unless there is a bad hop (which is extremely rare in MLB), you need to make the play. period. the speed of the ball is irrelevant.

You guys are comical. Those two balls were scourchers. The first one hopped up him. Play that could for sure be made but the hate just runs way too strong here for this guy. And just like that he makes the very next play. It's like he has made love to all your wives or something.

So happy for Jimmy to get outta there. Tack on here and send out Knebel and get game one!

I don't think anyone hates the guy, but he needs to give us a reason to like him again. It's been a miserable, disappointing season for Villar, and it isn't like it is the 2nd week of the season, and we are over-reacting. He has sucked since day one.

Forgive us for expecting our 2B to make plays that 100% of all other MLB 2B would make. It is becoming habitual, and tiring. Celebrating him making the next routine play is a bit funny imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived