Brewer Fanatic

Sam Dyson

He's had a horrible year but his last 3 years have been excellent. Rangers designated him for assignment , maybe we could get him cheap if we pick up his salary. Earliest he could be a FA is 2021 and could be a solid bullpen arm if he gets sorted.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot over Oliver Drake. Dyson was very good for a few years. Gotta think there is a mechanical fix. Supposedly just not getting any sink on that bowling ball sinker. Similar profile to Hughes.

Sam Dyson for Wily Peralta even up. You take our junk and we will take yours. DFA Oliver Drake and give Suter or Want a situational lefty role. Dyson, Barnes, Knebel would be a decent way to end games. Torres goues to long relief. Ernesto Fieri is available if a Dyson deal could not get done.

Sam Dyson for Wily Peralta even up. You take our junk and we will take yours. DFA Oliver Drake and give Suter or Wang a situational lefty role. Dyson, Barnes, Knebel would be a decent way to end games. Torres goues to long relief. Ernesto Fieri is available if a Dyson deal could not get done.

Sam Dyson for Wily Peralta even up. You take our junk and we will take yours. DFA Oliver Drake and give Suter or Wang a situational lefty role. Dyson, Barnes, Knebel would be a decent way to end games. Torres goues to long relief. Ernesto Fieri is available if a Dyson deal could not get done.

Dyson has been way worse than Peralta. I wouldn't do that. I still think Peralta has something there. Remember that afternoon game against the cubs the 1st game after he was moved to the pen. I still would be OK if Drake or Hughes was DFA'd for Suter though.

I assumed Dyson was a one year wonder who then returned back to his old form. But then I looked at his numbers and he was pretty darn good for awhile and then just lost it this year. I know that happens with relievers but generally guys with his lengthy track record don't just completely tank and are done. Seems like a real panic move by Texas to dump him.

Dyson has been way worse than Peralta. I wouldn't do that. I still think Peralta has something there. Remember that afternoon game against the cubs the 1st game after he was moved to the pen. I still would be OK if Drake or Hughes was DFA'd for Suter though.

Normally I would agree, keep Peralta. But Wily is such a strong candidate to be non-tendered this off-season I don't think it would be unreasonable to make a move like this.

The Rangers were scouting Peralta at the end of spring training so there probably would be some level of interest from their end.

Dyson has the 2nd worst FIP and 9th worst xFIP of MLB pitchers that have thrown at least 10 innings this season. He has been truly awful. But his velocity hasn't significantly dropped and his BABIP (.379) and HR/FB% (37.5%) are ridiculously high, so there are indicators that he'll be much better over the rest of this season.

Now that Dyson is out, can we start the Jeremy Jeffress watch? 5.73 ERA, 1.95 WHIP, 13/12 BB/K ratio. I don't care how high-profile a trade a player has been involved in and how GM's hate to admit mistakes and want to save face...it's very tough to stick on a 25-man roster with a stat line like that.

Now that Dyson is out, can we start the Jeremy Jeffress watch? 5.73 ERA, 1.95 WHIP, 13/12 BB/K ratio. I don't care how high-profile a trade a player has been involved in and how GM's hate to admit mistakes and want to save face...it's very tough to stick on a 25-man roster with a stat line like that.

I hope they cut him so we can grab him and turn him back into a pitcher again. What fun would that be from the Lucroy trade.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I didn't know Jeffress was doing that poorly. So basically we traded out 3 best relievers in Smith, Jeffress, and Thornburg and they've been injured, sucked, and drunk. We made out like gangbusters.

I’m not sure I’ve ever felt as bad for a kid as I did when he was traded. I would have traded him too because the haul he was bringing was necessary… but there are very few more obvious cases of a team and/or city being a necessary comfort than Jeffress and Milwaukee. I would love to bring him back.

I’m not sure I’ve ever felt as bad for a kid as I did when he was traded. I would have traded him too because the haul he was bringing was necessary… but there are very few more obvious cases of a team and/or city being a necessary comfort than Jeffress and Milwaukee. I would love to bring him back.

I agree. He's probably on the DFA border right now anyway. I'd gladly do a classic PTBNL/cash deal to bring him back.

I didn't know Jeffress was doing that poorly. So basically we traded out 3 best relievers in Smith, Jeffress, and Thornburg and they've been injured, sucked, and drunk. We made out like gangbusters.

This is why that one guy arguing with me in the game thread a week or two ago about needing to keep Knebel even if we get a good offer for him was so funny.

This is why that one guy arguing with me in the game thread a week or two ago about needing to keep Knebel even if we get a good offer for him was so funny.

You can count the number of relievers in the league who are consistently good year in and year out on one hand. If you have a good one and get a great offer for him, you take it.

Jeffress for Neftali?

Jeffress for Peralta

Second. This idea deserves its own thread

I see this way too often. That's a huge overpay for the Rangers. Jeffress has been dominant at times. Peralta has never been anything.

It make little sense. Jeffress has a track record, is controllable, and cheaper. I don't get the swap.

Archived