Brewer Fanatic

2017-06-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Mets (Wheeler) 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing

And all he needed was to put a ball in play, if there's a runner at 3rd with less than two outs and you strike out, its a terrible at bat, doesn't matter how many pitches it goes.

I'm on gamecast. Was the Mets infield actually playing back? If not, he really can't just put it in play, he has to make sure it is at minimum a fly ball to the OF, that is not as easy as trying to punch it to the 2B.

The infield was in. But the point is I think, you have to put the ball in play to have a CHANCE of scoring. And the Brewers have been failing at this quite a bit lately. Not just the lack of hitting with RISP, but simply hitting sac flys can go a long way to winning games like this too.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all he needed was to put a ball in play, if there's a runner at 3rd with less than two outs and you strike out, its a terrible at bat, doesn't matter how many pitches it goes.

I'm on gamecast. Was the Mets infield actually playing back? If not, he really can't just put it in play, he has to make sure it is at minimum a fly ball to the OF, that is not as easy as trying to punch it to the 2B.

The infield was in. But the point is I think, you have to put the ball in play to have a CHANCE of scoring. And the Brewers have been failing at this quite a bit lately. Not just the lack of hitting with RISP, but simply hitting sac flys can go a long way to winning games like this too.

Been that way for years.

Other teams seem to do a better job at it than our team. This has been going on for years. It's been especially bad lately. Everything these professionals do on the field is beyond our skill level. Why have a message board if the fans can't criticize players.

Other teams seem to do a better job at it than our team. This has been going on for years.

Any stats to support this? Always feels that way but I wonder how the numbers actually compare.

From what I've read, we've been below average the last few seasons. I will look and try to find stats for this season.

Verified Member

When they left the bases loaded at the top of the ninth I had a bad feeling. But closer Knebel did another great job and they got the win.

A split in NYC. I'll take it.

When they left the bases loaded at the top of the ninth I had a bad feeling. But closer Knebel did another great job and they got the win.

A split in NYC. I'll take it.

I did too. And to think, we certainly could have won the series. Hopefully the offense can get going again here (yesterday not withstanding). Won't be easy against the Dodgers though.

Are there stats on getting runners in from 2d and 3d with 0 out or 3d with 1 out?

This is what I'm curious of too. Stats with runners in scoring position likely generally parallels overall offensive production. Getting runners in from 3rd with less than two outs is a bit different. Or...maybe it's not?

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived