Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-31: Brewers (Guerra) at Mets (de Grom) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1]

hawing
His ability to draw a walk and put the ball in play adds so much to our offense.

His ability to draw a walk may be a little misleading this year. He doesn't typically draw walks at this incredible of a rate.

I understand that Villar needs to have his ABs to work through this because he has claim to 2nd base for the immediate future. I also know Sogard has a LOT of MLB PAs that say he will come back down to earth... but I just can't see any reason why he isn't starting 5 out of 6 games right now until he cools off. All he does it get on base.

We need Villar to have success in the lead off spot ... but isn't it equally important to get Thames, Shaw, etc at bats with runners on consistently? Sogard is the guy for that right now...

*post edit: I typed this up and posted before reading the prior two posts.. sorry for being repetitive

Pleasantly surprised how well Guerra has done since coming back.

Some weren't giving him much hope to returning to what he was a year ago. Hope this continues.

Count me in that group, but I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How do you make the blue text that y'all use for sarcasm?

Go into the full editor and there is a sarcasm button, then just type whatever you want to say inside. Or highlight what you want in blue and hit the sarcasm button. OR type in the command manually that is below and put whatever you want to say on the inside(with a bracket on the right side obviously):

[sarcasm][/sarcasm

Thanks much. Appreciated.

I'm not much of a believer in Sogard and fully expect his stats to fall off, but the Brewers need to find a way to get his bat in the lineup until he cools off. He is on an incredible streak.

Meanwhile Villar got a pinch hit at-bat and whiffed.

Thank god Villar rejected the extension offer.

From TH for the Sogard haters

There was pre-game talk about amazing patience at plate of Eric Sogard. In 44 plate appearances, he has 10 walks. Has .545 OBP.

In 1375 career plate appearances, Sogard has an OBP of .303.

I'll take the bigger sample.

So last night I was told that MLB didn't change the strikezone and now Rock and BA are saying that they did change the zone. So which is it?

It will come as no surprise that the announcers are wrong. Most of the proposed changes from February went into effect this season but the strike zone changes did not.

Now that doesn't mean the umps weren't told to be very careful of calling the existing strike zone better. It just hasn't been an official rule change.

Archived