Brewer Fanatic

Thames Shirt Giveaway

rickh150
Can hardly believe that the Brewers are giving this shirt to ALL fans. The word beard is spelled out as beerd, and it's being handed out to kids. Didn't we have this whole thing with Bernie not sliding into a mug of beer for similar reasons, marketing alcohol to minors? Pretty sure that most schools do not allow shirts that promote drugs or alcohol into school...

I like my fair share of beer but do agree it wasn't well thought out. Thames is already one of the more popular Brewers and his beard is one of his most distinctive features. Changing it from beard to beerd is just kind of lame in my opinion and is somebody trying to overthink something when there was already a good idea.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. They are called the Milwaukee Brewers for a reason. I really wish our society moved passed this type of thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. They are called the Milwaukee Brewers for a reason. I really wish our society moved passed this type of thing.

The next time I go into Miller Park to watch the Brewers, I think I'll lodge a complaint. Is the complaint booth in the Leinie Lodge or on one of the beer decks :-)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

The next time I go into Miller Park to watch the Brewers, I think I'll lodge a complaint. Is the complaint booth in the Leinie Lodge or on one of the beer decks :-)

Nowadays to most people, Brewers is a team or occupation. Miller Park is a place. Leinie's and beer decks are options where you can drink if of age. Kids can't buy a beer at Miller Park. Yet, here's a free shirt that promotes alcohol? Slippery slope... Some schools are still fairly strict with what students wear, whether you agree with it or not. When has an ALL fan Giveaway been a Shirt with the cheesy punchline being a reference to alcohol?

Just make it for those of age and be done with it.

Last year they gave out Bernie Chalet shirts where there is a mug of beer on the shirt. There are other shirts that given out that have the Miller Lite logo on them. The "beerd" thing is kinda dumb, but this is really nothing to get worked up over.

Verified Member

If he had started the season as he's done for the past month he wouldn't even have a t-shirt. He needs to find his groove back.

Thames and Braun are the only Brewers in the top of the All Star voting. One isn't hitting, the other on the DL again. Bandy and Shaw need some votes.

Honestly, I think it's intended to be more of a through-line from "Fear the Deer" to "Revere the Beard," as opposed to "...Beer-d." In either event, probably not the best marketing idea ever.

Archived